cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enhanced for everyone????

TicnTac
Grafter

enhanced for everyone????

Soooo much feedback about poor customer service these days, with tickets not getting answered, poor, slow, illiterate responses from advisors, line faults, broadband faults, account faults, pretty much every fault you could possibly get with an Internet Service Provider.
Replying to another post on here made me think, after that is I called Plusnet a cheap no frills ISP - which in theory it is, it is the budget end of BT, the wagging tail of a large dog that makes the dog look happy from time to time!  Roll_eyes
I've just been looking at switching our supply, 10 months and problems still haven't been fixed, + account and refund issues and now no Fibre (fibre if we ditch Plusnet and go with BT)
- well 0+0 = so long and thanks for all the fish!
BT have no intentions of fixing this line as a bog standard no frills customer with Plusnet (I do not know why that is), and with no Fibre from Plusnet, then that's the life line gone sailing past the window!  Roll_eyes I was so looking forward to that as well, watched with baited breath as fibre reels came and blown through tubes, pretty new green boxes going up, all within a stones throw away, already had the speed reduced, "you're close to the box you'll get up to 40Megs, you might get 20megs, you won't get any less than 5megs  Roll_eyes Gee, and this was before the cabs went up!
So, I have just had a look else where, guess what popped up during my rather very 'specific' search, Plusnet - trying to get rid of them, and they jump back at me -  Huh - anyway, Enhanced looks nice, for an extra £8.50 + goverment rip off tax (VAT@20%) you get one hour responses, a dedicated BT fault fixing team, a dedicated business customer advisor from 8am - 8pm - well, for that....
rubbish+8.50+vat = maybe faults get fixed, line work, tickets answered - maybe it won't take an extra 10 months to get refunds sorted and a working line (yes still having a dig, but before I forget, not a personal one (Adam)  Smiley
......so is this opt in for business use only? What about those small office home office users who DO rely on their broadband working
- is it worth paying an extra 8.50+vat / month - why can't Virgin come and dig up our pavement and give us cable? Why has our issue dragged on for near on 10 months - gonna sound like our little one soon, why why why why why........ Grin Roll_eyes
Why can't Plusnet provide the same level of service to its very loyal customers, or, if the old excuse of  :(said in a whiny voice)"....most of our customers are happy, only the odd ones make it to the forums who have a problem, wah wah wah wah wah Charlie Brown this that and the other............"  Roll_eyes ..........then why is there a massive chunk of dissatisfaction and very basic procedures going wrong, time and time and time again................????
The gain lots, lose a few mentality sucks, but I guess it is hardcore driven business, so I guess there is nothing we can do about it, but it is a real shame, that BT are about to finally cut off what was the Best Internet Service Provider in the county (2003 I think it was PC Pro)
Looks like BT is gonna dock that happy wagging tail  Embarrassed
ref:
Enhanced Care (Business package) http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/enhanced_care.shtml
a long saga for those few who haven't had the pleasure or the time  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,88371.0.html  Grin
You see, it seems to me, Enhanced care is the expected care, the support, the award winning support and customer care new customers are lead to believe that exists, all the time, every time..........looks to me as if you have to pay extra for it!
However that said..........who knows what the enhanced care is like, might be as problematic (not looked it up yet) , I guess though you get your pennies back quicker!?
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: enhanced for everyone????

Hi Tim,
I hear what your saying and I think increasing the level of care for faults would besides being costly for us carry its advantages such as quicker response times on faults. However the big pitfall to this is that each customer who has enhanced care needs to be available 24/7 for an engineer to visit. Once an enhanced care fault has been responded to engineers are just sent out within the next 24 hours. I fear this would be too much to expect of the majority our residential customer base which is why we aim services like this at businesses.
I'm gutted to hear that you're considering leaving. I can fully appreciate and understand your stance on this and that you have your best interests at heart. Here's what I intend to do (if you agree to it)
Firstly I'll find out all I can about the fibre sittuation in your area and see if anything can be fast tracked at all.
Secondly, things have moved towards the appointment stage of the fault I currently have open for you so we can proceed with an engineer visit if you want to give things one last stab with that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TicnTac
Grafter

Ideal for those in 24/7, and have replied to PNC.  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers Tim, will reply to your other thread ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team