cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email address chief executive - andy baker

dwtdavies

email address chief executive - andy baker

Can I please have the email address of the chief executive (ANDY BAKER) to make him aware of the following, that I still have connection problems after 7 months and his firm does not have the required complaint procedure.
1. refused my request 4 times  to escalate complaint to a manager. web complaint useless.
2. took no action on 3 sets of insidder reports
3. said go to technical then next email cant use technical as complaint executive is the expert.
4. said agree compensation when problem resolved. On own volition set up an a compensation amount and than tried to start crediting me even though no discussion.
5. told him what problems are regarding failure to connect properly to internet, actions taken and suggested action but refuses to acknowledge anything.
5. said best use of my time is to complain to CISASH- Question 80482032 has been passed to you
14 REPLIES 14
mikko
Grafter

Re: email address chief executive - andy baker

I got andy.baker@plus.net from ceoemail.com
kmbradley

Hello - I appreciate that this is a late reply, but I wonder whether you would have a moment to let me know if you contacted the PlusNet CEO and - if so - what reply you got? There are ongoing problems with getting my broadband set up & connected - the online help team are fairly useless and it's hit the point where I'm honestly considering writing to the CEO to let him know how poor this service is. Would be grateful for any comment/feedback. Thanks.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
I'm sorry for the delays you've experienced with your changeover, unfortunately these were mostly out of our control. The issue stemmed from your previous provider ceasing the line, meaning we couldn't just transfer it over to us. We had to wait until the cease was completed, restarted the new phone line and then place the order for the broadband once this had gone through. I can see we did cause a delay (5 days) between the cease and restart of the line, and I apologise for this, there was also a 3 day delay between the phone order completing and the broadband order being placed. Your broadband order was placed for the minimum lead time of these orders (4 working days), with it due to activate on the 23rd.
Once the order completes we're happy to provide a goodwill gesture for the downtime we've caused, however not for the delays instigated by the previous provider cancelling the line.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
freedomofspeech
Grafter

it always seems to be a common occurence that plusnet use - that the previous provider cancelled the line -
they stated that in my case that sky canclled the line and refused to pass it over to plusnet -
when challenged further on this point plusnet changed their story evry tiime and there was no consistency in the various version of events
Heligany

What you are saying very much reflects my experience too, its very hard to tale anything Im told seriously anymore.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

I'm very sorry for the delay you've experienced with your orders. At the moment we're waiting on a KCI (system notification) from our suppliers advising that the phone order is complete and closed off, we'll then be able to place the broadband order and we'll look to get this expedited for you if it's at all possible.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@freedomofspeech wrote:
it always seems to be a common occurence that plusnet use - that the previous provider cancelled the line -
they stated that in my case that sky canclled the line and refused to pass it over to plusnet - .......

Unfortunately that is all to common place if customers tell their old provider they are leaving (which they shouldn't) and to cancel the service on a particular date, that is precisely what will happen.
The transfer process should be left entirely upto the new provider under OFCOM's latest rules (but those rules aren't entirely clear to the general public).
Also frequently some old providers try to block the transfer of a phone number (which they issued from their allocation) to a new provider which under OFCOM rules they are not allowed to do. That is why they act the way they do, to try and get away with it and make life difficult for the leaving customer.

In these cases, people should complain to OFCOM about the losing provider's actions and the fact that OFCOM procedures are still so poor as to allow this sort of event to occur. OK there are times when the gaining provider makes a mess-up or there are delays (eg. one case above & Plusnet have offered a goodwill gesture for their errors) but the total loss of service and possibly complete loss of phone number is usually as a result of the losing provider's actions.

happytrailz87
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

they are doing the exact same to me they blaming sky when they where the ones who notified them of the switchover and it didnt happen on time i now im stuck with sky antoher motnh that i didnt want to be noone cares about this i didnt want sky this month it should be with plusnet but no its skys fault how so when ur company told me i didnt have to do anything you would do it all for me clearly you havent as the order has been delayed by a further 14 days i have done nothing wrong here your company have messed this up and i get the blame

Lurch
Rising Star

I think this is almost a pointless exercise replying to angry posts by disgruntled users as I'm fairly certain most of the posters are post the point of no return but it is usually Sky that do this, or at least IME it is usually Sky and they are mentioned a lot as doing this on here. I have a current connection that is in exactly the same state, Sky cancelled the line like a bunch of spoilt pathetic children just to cause delays and problems for the user and new ISP. Stupid idea really as the customer is still using Sky TV but that will be cancelled next if that is their attitude.

At this point there isn't much Plusnet can do other than order a new service and then it is all in the hands of the completely incompetent and useless BT and Openreach, which Plusnet are the users point of contact for as BT and Openreach are completely faceless and do not have to answer to mere end users requests in a timely fashion.

Unfortunately as Plusnet are now owned by BT there is a bit of the BT corporate thinking creeping in but they haven't completely ruined it yet.

Really Plusnet should inform customers coming from Sky that Sky are childish pathetic morons and that the transfer is likely to leave them without phone or internet for some time, and then report Sky to OFCOM for being intentionally obstructive and difficult.

happytrailz87
Dabbler

thankyou for infoming me of this but in all fairness plusnet shouldn't keep saying my order is committed for the 26th the 30th the 5th when it committed for the 14th. what i find funny is my direct debit information has only just been submitted to my bank why was this not done on the 18th when i made intial order its like  i joined plusnet yesterday very confusing 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Lurch wrote:

Really Plusnet should inform customers coming from Sky that Sky are childish pathetic morons and that the transfer is likely to leave them without phone or internet for some time, and then report Sky to OFCOM for being intentionally obstructive and difficult.

I wouldn't really say it's likely. The vast majority of orders go through without any problems.

Generally speaking, with problematic orders from Sky (From personal experience dealing with problematic orders from Sky/Talktalk) it is in some way connected to the number port order, where the orders show committed on our side with no problems. Then on the transfer date the line ceases with Sky as expected, our order doesn't complete and we're then advised that the number port wasn't actually accepted despite the fact that the order progressed stating it had been.

@happytrailz87 I'm sorry to hear you've had problems with your orders. It's possible that we advised committed dates as this is the information we had, until problems came up, which meant we then had to advise of new dates provided to us.

In regards to the direct debit instruction, following submitting the details it can take up to 10 working days to become active.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
happytrailz87
Dabbler

This whole process has been so confusing when i was told it would be so simple and i wouldn't have to do a thing and ive had to do so much to ensure its going ahead ive been misinformed so many times now im still not confident that im going to get my broadband on the 14th as ive been let down on three occasions already. Still confused Still frustrated that nothing has happened in fourteen days and now i have to wait another fourteen days and thats even if it goes ahead on the fourteenth as youve suggested now it very hard to trust your company at the moment it been a total let down so far 

happytrailz87
Dabbler

did you ever get a response ?

Lynnwarbo11
Dabbler

Just for your info when my first major issue with plusnet began I actually e mailed the ceo of bt.. next day I was allocated a complaints manager. Just thought this may be useful