cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does anyone have any experience of complaining about Plusnet to IPSA or CISAS?

janmid

does anyone have any experience of complaining about Plusnet to IPSA or CISAS?

Does anyone have any experience of complaining to IPSA and or CISAS?
I understand from http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=24242.0;wap2 that CICAS is the regulatory body for the IT services industry.
Re my posting below about Plusnet removing my emails from the webmail facility without any notice, totally b*ggering up my lap top files which were IMAPed and the effect that this has had on me as a disabled user with terminal cancer, this matter still has not been sorted out.
The current situation is that the emails have been temporarily restored on webmail but not in my lap top IMAPed email folders. The response I have received from Plusnet is that I have to sort this out myself. So as a visually impaired and very ill person, in addition to unexpectedly having to transfer hundreds of emails about complex medical care which have attachments and other matters to another server for back up, I also have to find the energy and ability first to re-send them all to my lap top and then sort them into files again before I can organise what should be transferred where and what can be deleted.
I’ve been threatened with having all my emails deleted if I haven’t completed this task before Friday 29th March, yet Plusnet feel it is acceptable not to respond to matters raised with them about their own bog ups, which have caused this situation in the first place.
I telephoned Plusnet in the early hours of last Wednesday morning and was told that a message would be sent to the appropriate team to get them to look urgently at the response from me which was posted on 15 March to the assistance page. It is still awaiting a response. On 21 March I made a formal complaint, I received an email acknowledgement and nothing else has happened. I copied the complaint to Plusnet’s compliance team but have had no response from them, either. The only text that I have received in regard of this entire matter is one saying that “Plusnet would love (sic) to have some feedback on my recent conversations with the team”.
The stress and distress caused to me by this has made me very ill.
I have had some email exchanges in the past  - October 2011 - with Plusnet’s  Bob Pullen, Nick Silverwood and Adele Smith about the lack of training that Plusnet staff appear to receive regarding disability awareness and the legal duty on all service providers to make reasonable disability adjustments where required. Evidently, no steps were taken to improve this.

6 REPLIES 6
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: does anyone have any experience of complaining about Plusnet to IPSA or CISAS?

If you can see the emails in webmail either delete and recreate the account on the laptop, or set up a different email client to point to the mailbox (in both cases using IMAP). That will pick up the emails.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
janmid

Re: does anyone have any experience of complaining about Plusnet to IPSA or CISAS?

Thanks for the advice but I am not sufficiently IT savvy to know what "set up a different email client to point to the mailbox " means .
I'll try the delete and recreate route, but still intend to refer the matter to IPSA and CISAS as the behaviour by Plusnet is totally unacceptable
janmid

Deleting and recreating the account onmy lap top has had the effect of wiping out the file on webmail, thus causing an even greater problem
AndyH
Grafter

Are you using a web based email application or desktop based?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

To be ultra safe, bearing in mind what janmid said I'd disconnect from the internet before deleting the account. But as the email client doesn't know about the emails on the server I'd be surprised if it deleted them from the server.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: janmid
Deleting and recreating the account onmy lap top has had the effect of wiping out the file on webmail, thus causing an even greater problem

Well, I hope you deleted the account in your email client (outlook?), which holds the login information and server details, and not the folders that give you access to the emails. The former will remove the local references to the IMAP folders and only stop you getting to the emails until you create a new account with the same login/server information, when it will recreate the local folder references on the laptop so that the emails are visible again. The latter action will delete all the folders/emails on the server.
So, the first thing to do is to change the login details in the IMAP account in your email client (so you cannot access and accidentally delete any emails on the server) and then delete the IMAP account. Then login to webmail and confirm that your emails are still there. If not ask politely (however you feel about the situation - it will help your cause) for your archive to be restored again. Then check that the emails are available by webmail.
Once you have access to your emails via webmail, you can  create a new IMAP account in your email client with the required login/server details and you should be able to access your e-mails again.
As IMAP and webmail are both reliant on internet availability to be able to see emails as, by default, none are stored on your laptop, I would suggest you create local folders in your email client or, better still, folders within your My Documents, to hold copies of immediate/important/must be available emails. With IMAP, copying to local folders is done quite easily by normal file copy procedures as is extracting e-mails to file system folders.
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.