cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disgusting support staff attitude

deemac

disgusting support staff attitude

My jaw just dropped at the attitude of the chat support staff whenever I raised an issue with not having access to email.

Is it really acceptable for support staff to use these phrases?

"I wouldn't say there is an issue David Do you disagree?"

"Okay, what's the problem then David?"

"(After 15 seconds whilst I'm typing)I haven't heard from you for a while. Are you still there?"

"I cannot see that any of that advice necessarily disagrees with each other"

"It's fairly simple I am sorry as it seems it's been overcomplicated when it's been explained to you"

"see above please"

"At this point I have done everything you have asked me to Just trying to find out if there's anything else Not having much luck"

"I['m afraid I cannot speak for everyone who gave you advice David. I cannot answer that question"

"All I can do is offer the correct advice when you get through to me and resolve any issues you present me with
I have done this"

"But seeing as the email address is sorted now is there anything else you would like to discuss with me?(Hangs up chat before I can respond)

I joined Plusnet because their customer support was supposed to be better than most. I've just left Virginmedia and was never talked to in such a rude disgusting attitude as I just encountered. The agent obviously had no interest in my query or feedback and just wanted to get rid of me as soon as possible. If that is the level of service I can expect I won't be renewing my contract at the end of the year. I object to being treated in such a manner.

8 REPLIES 8
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: disgusting support staff attitude

bit difficult to say from only seeing one side of the conversation. 

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
deemac

It may be - but is there any justification for the responses I listed ?

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I don't see anything particularly objectionable in the responses apart from the alleged abrupt closure of the session?  Without the full context it's hard to be judgemental.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

as said by previous reply, it all depend on what YOU were saying and HOW you were saying it.

if you were being an absolute d*** and giving know-it-all replies then the responses you got were perfectly fine.

even if you weren't, the response were still reasonable.

feel free to post the FULL conversation with your replies so we can make a judgement.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @deemac,

I think the agent's responses were a blunt at times, especially this bit:

At this point I have done everything you have asked me to
Just trying to find out if there's anything else
Not having much luck

I cringed a little bit reading that in the context of the conversation. 

I have to disagree with you on this bit:

"(After 15 seconds whilst I'm typing)I haven't heard from you for a while. Are you still there?"

It was the standard three minutes before that message was sent. Sorry if that's a bit nitpicky, as I realise that the whole chat was a poor experience. Apologies for this, and let me assure you that it's not typical of us. I can see that he got the issue resolved for you in the end but I'll feed back on the agent's behalf.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
deemac

Thank you Matty for acknowledging the poor attitude of the agent.

I wonder whether the three minute rule (official or not) is appropriate as I was engaging in the chat, the agent could presumably see I was typing and I did not feel it was enough to formulate an appropriate and informative response.

Whilst my email was set up, I did not receive an answer as to why I had been misinformed previously concerning when the account would be set up. It may be more of a customer services issue but seemed to be of no interest to the agent and he might simply have taken a note to forward to the appropriate department or advised me where I might more appropriately raise it.

If email isn't automatically set up shouldn't I have been advised that I would have to request it by either the sales chat agent or the agent taking my order?

I also had a query with regards to line testing I was advised happened to new installations but the support agent was too eager to get rid of me to wait to listen to that issue.

I appreciate that the agents are under pressure to answer a certain volume of calls but I don't feel that is justification for abruptness or rudeness. I never received such attitude dealing with my previous supplier

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

The 3 minute rule is automated, I believe.

You're right in that it was a CS issue, the agent was the first person to give you the right answer. You probably should have been advised by sales upon signup about the email, though in honesty it's not one of the most popular features of the service.

Are you ok to elaborate a little on the new installation issue? I'll investigate for you.

For the record, there's actually a much heavier weight on chat satisfaction over the productivity based targets, so let me assure you that this wasn't the motive.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
opritchard13
Hooked

Same experiences! Rude, unprofessional, unfriendly! I have been shocked on the multiple occasions I have used chat service. I'm almost scared to ring the call centre if they handle their calls the way they handle the chat service because I'll lose it. Asked to log a complaint, said they'd make a note, obviously no complaints training in plusnet.