cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

del6600: Awful experience moving from talk talk to plusnet

del6600

del6600: Awful experience moving from talk talk to plusnet

Hello,
I to am now beginning to regret moving from Talk Talk to PlusNet.
I decided to join PN on 17th December 2015.
I paid for 12 months line rental up front. I was advised it would talk 10 working days
to transfer. On the 5th January 2016 I had not heard anything. The up front payment had been taken.
I contacted PlusNet to be advised that there was a problem on my line. Then after a bit of investigating
the problem was found, the fibre broadband and phone line should be completed on the 20/01/2015.
The new router would be sent asap.
On the 6th January 2016 I received a telephone call to say sorry there is NO FIBRE BROADBAND on my circuit!!
Bare in mind I ran a check before starting this process and it confirmed no problems.
PlusNet blame BT for not telling them before Christmas.  If I had not chased nothing would have happened!
The best they could come up with was to offer me standard BB and once this was connected an order can be placed
for Fibre BB. This would take at least another 10 working days. The switch over to BB was supposed to have been today
20/01/16 or tomorrow 21/01/16. I would be advised. HEARD NOTHING!!
I have received the Hub.
I sent a mail this morning (20/01/16) asking for an update - you guessed NOTHING heard.
Come on PlusNet I am a IT engineer and have recommended 100s of customers to you over the years. I am now
regretting this as you have shown your true colours. It is no good blaming others you need to get your act together.
I have paid over £200 out to date to PN + another 3 months line rental to BT + 2 extra months to Talk Talk..
The whole idea was to save a bit of money, JOKE!!
If you are thinking about joining PN it might be a long expensive wait.
Not happy,
Phil   Angry Angry Angry
adie:green changed topic title.
5 REPLIES 5
x47c
Grafter

Re: Awful experience moving from talk talk to plusnet - wish I could walk away!

There could be no fibre now because the local Fibre cabinet is now full of subscribers
In other words when you checked and investigated the situation there were spare fibre ports available - so the checkers said you could order fibre.
But by the time you had placed the order those spares had been taken up by others placing orders.
IF this is the case then everyone on all ISP's now has to wait until BTOR put in a new line card into the fibre cabinet to increase capacity before the availability to ISP for the customers to order is released again.
Unlike Amazon when their stock is getting low, the BTOR checkers do not say "only 3 spare fibre connection ports left: order now! - more to come later"
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Re: Awful experience moving from talk talk to plusnet - wish I could walk away!

mod:note
posts split into new topic for better visibility.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
del6600

Re: del6600: Awful experience moving from talk talk to plusnet

Hi,
Update,
Today 21/01/16 at approx. 13.40 hours my TT line and Broadband went down. A transfer had (was) taking place. The line was live almost immediately,
The Broadband was a different matter. After almost 3 hours on and off the phone to PN standard Broadband was activated. The last operator I spoke
to said that Fibre should be activated with 24/48 hours as there is capacity on the local box!!.
I will wait and see, no one seems to know what is going on.
At least I now have a very slow broadband 2MB running guess this will alter hopefully upwards (was on 5MB with TT) as it stabilises but again hopefully
Fibre will come before it has chance to sort it self out. I'm hoping.
Phil  Sad
neilhanmer1
Dabbler

Hi Phil
I also changed from TT to PN end of November.
Immediately  the BB speed dropped and despite hours waiting to talk to tech support etc/having lined checked etc the speed was substantially less than when I was with TT. I was assured I would receive at least the same as TT, I was also quoted in writing the minimum speed I would receive  would be between 3 -9 mb -I am now receiving 1.65 (i did used to get over 3mb with TT)
PN could not or would not do any more to help increase the speed.
I was told PN use differant equipment to TT and reading on differant forums I understand the router supplied for standard BB is inferior to routers provided foc by other ISPs.
conclusion  -PN equipment is inferior to TT and their equipment will not supply the same or better than TT.
So Phil, sorry to advise but I think it unlikely you will achieve a speed similar to what you previously received.
I have now placed an order to upgrade to fibre, I dont know when I will get it as the date has already changed from 25 Jan to 1 Feb!
keep us updated on your situation Phil it would be interesting to see the outcome.
good luck
ps  Iam also sorry I changed from TT to PN.
Neil
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: del6600
The last operator I spoke to said that Fibre should be activated with 24/48 hours as there is capacity on the local box!!.

That I very much doubt. There can only be one open order on a line at a time so with the order to move you to standard ADSL I don't think the order to move you to FTTC could have been placed before now.
Quote from: del6600
The best they could come up with was to offer me standard BB and once this was connected an order can be placed
for Fibre BB. This would take at least another 10 working days.

This is how I understand the process. You need to get them to check if the FTTC order has been placed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)