cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contradictory answers from customer services

MikeJS

contradictory answers from customer services

I am moving from Virgin media to PlusNet and I'm beginning to wish I hadn't.
I wanted to keep my telephone number I have had for 30 years and asked PlusNet if this was possible and was told Virgin media make it very difficult.  Virgin told me that they had already dealt with it and it and I was taking it with me .
Next Virgin told me that they need 30day notice I told Plunet the date I wanted to activat my account and service with them this was ignored and an appointment made for three weeks be fore I left Virgin. Got that sorted out. Not I've been told via email I an only getting Estimated line speed: 15Mbps
Current line speed: 78Mbps I signed up for 78 Mbps what a con
I went on my account and had a message :-Postcode:
Phone exchange:
NORTH CHEAM
Estimated line speed:
74Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2015-02-28 09:07:07
Current line speed:
78 Mb
Can you tell me the truth please
7 REPLIES 7
dnpark38
Rising Star

Re: contradictory answers from customer services

When my neighbour left Virgin she had to settle her account before number released so for a few weeks had a different number.
Can I ask what was wrong with your Virgin service to make you transfer?
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi and welcome to the forums.
Your estimate is about the speed of the profile you currently achieve. You can check this by doing a wired speed test to confirm that you are getting the correct speeds. The 15Mbit seems to refer to the ADSL rather than vDSL profile.
If you haven’t got your old number, can you please let me know so that we can try to arrange this for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Mike,
Welcome to the forums.  Reading between the lines you are not yet connected to PlusNET - correct?
There are some known issues in the welcome emails regarding fibre provision where ADSL estimates are referenced rather than VDSL estimates.  The "current speed" on the portal will report the estimate and the PlusNET profile for the line; in advance of being activated / updated by BT that will be the maximum for the product you have chosen.
I am sure come delivery day, all will be fine - if any of the above is wrong, I'm sure one of PlusNET's CRT people will correct me.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

@Kevin ,
For accountability, the problem about estimates is now internal problem 85296.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
MikeJS

Quote from: plusnettony
@Kevin ,
For accountability, the problem about estimates is now internal problem 85296.
All the messages have been wiped from my account including the date of connection to plusnet  I had to go to Virgn media  to get this information with is the 7 April and plusnet have not asked hen to reyain my phone number I want to know where all the correspondence has gone and when will they restore intact verbatim lucky I have printed one of them of which will be a check on whether the restored messages have been doctored .??? 
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

It's all on the account. Look at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=tickets to see all closed tickets on the account.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@MikeJS
If you had trouble finding the tickets perhaps you might like to add a comment to http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,137952.0.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)