cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection problems

longdriver
Dabbler

connection problems

My migration from talktalk to has not been uneventfull but your support guys and galls have got me up and running. To be fair my first problem was a dodgey micro filter found after a process of elimination guided by support.My second problem was download speed very slow but once again a report to your tech department and within a couple of hours back up to speed, very impressed with the service level.First impressions are always important and mine are very good,
                                                                                      Once again guys & galls many thanks
                                                                                                      Longdriver

15 REPLIES 15
Not applicable

Re: connection problems

Glad that you are getting sorted and hope that you continue to have a good service. Luckily, I have had a very good connection from day one with no problems at all.
Might be imprudent to ask, but was there a problem with TalkTalk? My friend has TT and we were talking about the cost involved in coming off it and going back to a non-LLU line - was this the case with you? Hope that you don't mind my asking.
longdriver
Dabbler

Hi Poppy,
                Slow speeds was my main complaint with TT peak times were a nightmare downloading films and music. Their tech people were never on top of things when I complained they had me doing weird things but none of them worked so I moved away. No problems moving but i did wait until my contract had expired before moving my line rental back to BT then broadband to plusnet no MAC code needed all plain sailing no cost involved.
                  Sorry about wait not used to instant comms didn't thihk anyone woud reply.
James
Grafter

Hi Longdriver,
I'm glad everything has worked out well for you.
Have you seen that you can click on the "notify of replies" button, which will mean that you can receive an email when someone replies to the thread.
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply longdriver. I almost went with TT but it was a nightmare (customer services and technical side) and luckily didn't get connected. I had heard that things were better now, but obviously not in your case.
My friend has got to the end of her 18 months and they telephoned to offer her another 18 month contract in exchange for £5 off for 3 months. She has taken this up because she only does surfing and e-mail so speed is not so much an issue.
I look after her computer and the connection is not as snappy as my own, although she lives a tad closer to her exchange than I do to mine.
We did wonder about the transfer back to BT fee however,  so I will let her know that it can be done without charge.
longdriver
Dabbler

Hi Poppy,
                  When I said there was no charge I was not including the the one month in advance that BT levy for line rental but you do get it back if you leave.Hope that makes it a little clearer. Now for a cheeky question whats that little animal in your messages and why is he there. 
pierre_pierre
Grafter

dont you start on Poppy, that her Poo Bear/cross Cairn terrier
longdriver
Dabbler

Cross cairn terrier eh would never have guessed very cute.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

sorry the "/cross" shoul be taken that Poppy has Cairn terriers and she thought they would look good on that poo bear background, you are not the only person to be con fugled  - at least mine is a proper animal
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Nah it's mikey mouse after a night out..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I we keep taking the Mickey, she might change it Roll_eyes
Not applicable

No chance Pierre! Longdriver should know that the little Cairn is the real Poppy and not Mickey Mouse. I used the teddy bear cropping tool to get her ears in the picture. Anyway, it's giving you all something to talk about so that's OK.
Tongue
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

I think Poppy (the cairn in the picture) looks much better than your highland coo ! Shocked
  but then I never did like them gret big horns they have !!! Cheesy
longdriver
Dabbler

Well thats opened a can of worms I used to have dalmations [ think thats right spelling could be damnations ] a breed of real class.I will try to get a picture on.
chillypenguin
Grafter

Have we slipped off the original topic?