cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confusion over transfer of broadband services!?

queenshotel

confusion over transfer of broadband services!?

i,
i contacted Plusnet around 2 weeks ago to confirm my change of address and transfer my broadband services also to the new address. i received the following message on Sat 11th Sept:
Dear Mr Kirkham,
We have now placed the order to activate your broadband service on your new line. This is due to complete on the 20/09/2010.
Reference: 1-VWJ4SK
If you are unable to connect within 2 days of the estimated completion date please do not hesitate to contact us.
=======================
however i tried to connect with no joy yesterday evening, then at 3:56pm yesterday (20/9/10) i was shocked to receive the following message
Dear Mr Kirkham,
As discussed.
We have now replaced the order to activate your broadband service on your new line. This is due to complete on the 27/09/2010. As stated, once the order reaches a committed stage then we will contact our suppliers to have the completion date fast-tracked ahead of schedule at their expense.
Reference: 1-VZ4FUL
======================
i contacted the support team and was given a very unclear answer as to when my actual services would be 'live' , i have also emailed an official complaint but have received no reply as of yet

13 REPLIES 13
queenshotel

Re: confusion over transfer of broadband services!?

.....so how come all other posts today have had somekind of reply from Plusnet expect for mine.....getting rather frustrated to be honest, if i cant get a resolution to this by 5pm today im going to have to see what other providers can deliver the service they promise
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry that your post hasn't had a response yet, we do our best to get round everyone but we're short staffed today (Adam's off sick) and we do have other responsibilities too.
It looks like our suppliers made a mistake and cancelled our first broadband order. This is why we had to re-place it and we're going to argue with BT that they should expedite it at their cost (£117.50). We haven't yet received confirmation that the order will be expedited and once it is they normally complete with 24-48 hours but this isn't guaranteed.
I'm sorry that this delay has happened at all, I've asked one of my colleagues from the Provisioning Team to get in touch with BT and provide an update for you as soon as possible.
queenshotel

thanks for the response, greatly appreciated Smiley  that would be great if it could be chased up and would be amazing if i could finally get back online within 24-48 hours
keep me updated if you would please
thanks
queenshotel

right so ill be apparently 'live' by the 27/9/10 as i have just been informed....but this isn't 100% certain?!.....Plusnet have even admitted responsiblity for the mess up with the original date of the 20th Sept but still this date cant be improved upon.....feel a little aggrieved to say the least that my connection date is now a full 7 days after the original date.....i just hope to god that next monday this date doesnt get moved again as im at the end of my tether as had planned all of my work/transfers/banking around the original connection date, and now its starting to cost me £££.....if anyone at Plusnet can improve on this new date i would be a great help....not very impressed at all and cant understand why anyone would recommend Plusnet as an ISP after the poor level of service i've received over the last few days....
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear in my previous post, but it was in fact BT who cancelled the original order by mistake. We're currently trying to push this through for you and there's certainly no reason why we can't hit the date of the 27th even in a worst case scenario.
queenshotel

hi just noticed that my Plusnet service is still showing as Plusnet Value and not Plusnet Extra which was requested originally on 8/9/10, and also changed again on Monday 20th Sept. Please tell me that the Extra package is the one i will be receiving when i eventually get connected on the 27th Sept? or am i just needlessly worrying?! if this change hasnt been made already please dont change it over, if it in anyway will delay the connection of my already overdue broadband connection..... Crazy
thanks again
benk
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We have to wait for your billing date to change packages and we just missed it in September. You're scheduled to change over on 6th October to Extra so you'll be on Value for a little while yet.
queenshotel

ok thanks for clearing that up Smiley any news on the order being ready for the 27th?
queenshotel

big thanks to who ever pulled there finger out on Friday and got my connection up and running before the confirmed date of the 27th (today), appreciate it....no problems so far and happy as larry.....cheers all
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to hear it's up and running benk, thanks for letting us know. If there's anything else we can look into for you please post back and we'll do what we can.
queenshotel

finally got changed over to Plusnet Extra as my billing date has now passed but im confused as to why ive been charged the full amount when i was told by James that i would have a months FREE internet applied to my account to make up for the initial mixup when transferring my account and leaving me without the internet for 3 weeks?Huh
just found this to back it up aswell
Service Notice #96039661
Service Notification
4:38pm, Tuesday 21 Sep 2010
Discount has been created
please apply arranged discounts to my account and credit accordingly please
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

As per our conversation via PM can you send me your username or a ticket number please?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi benk,
I've just checked and can see that the discount was not applied for October, please accept our apologies, I'm certain that was not deliberate.
I've applied a £17.99 discount to November's bill for you.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team