cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing to plusnet - hardly a piece of cake !

divad

changing to plusnet - hardly a piece of cake !

I first signed up on 18/12/11 and was to be connected on 30/12. After a few days I was told there was an outstanding order on my line and you could not proceed.I was told to check this myself so I checked with BT who told me all was ok. When I told you this  everything was on again but for 6/01/12.
I checked on your site late on the 4th and saw that my router had not even been posted yet. Midday on the 5th I found I had been cut off from the net. I waited till about 4pm phoned and was set up on my ancient AOL router, told I was now fully connected, but could not go online till the next day ! After a few minutes I thought - hang on I paid up front for this 18 days ago - called back and got online in 2 minutes !
The new router arrived a day later and then followed 2 days of grief trying to setup my Plus.com E mail on Windows Live Mail. On the 3rd day I gave up called you and a pleasant lady took control of my pc and after a lot of effort said that there was a conflict with an old Hotmail a/c that could not be resolved. This is not your fault but I am surprised it is not a known issue that you could guide me with. She connected me to the webmail on your site which to say the least is not very impressive.
I gave up on my plusnet E mail completely and opened a new Gmail account and had it running in three minutes flat ! I then had to re - email all my contacts again and tell them tell them to cancel my plus - email address and use Gmail. I realize I could probably have set up the plus address somewhere else but I had had enough of it by then !
Your Uk helpline is much better than AOL but I am beginning to regret changing and I'm glad I paid for the router and I am not under contract !
4 REPLIES 4
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: changing to plusnet - hardly a piece of cake !

Too late now it appears but did you try basic webmail or advanced webmail - the latter's much better.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for the feedback divad,
In case you do decide to use Plusnet e-mail in the future we have set up guides for various programs such as Outlook here: http://www.plus.net/support/email/index.shtml and as mentioned webmail is another way to check your e-mail without having to set anything up first: https://webmail.plus.net/src/login.php
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Adam! Surely you should recommend the beta webmail: https://betawebmail.plus.net/ The old one would put him off forever!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for that Jelv Smiley