cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

catalogue of failures

tomm
Grafter

catalogue of failures

Generally I've been pretty happy with Plusnet but just recently things just seem to be going haywire. I guess moving products wasn't such a great idea (from unlimited to extra) as that just seems to have caused more problems.
A month ago I raised ticket 32820852 pointing out that my referral discount had not been applied to my account, that was closed saying it would be applied this month - guess what, not happened.
Then when Plusnet extra came out I thought it suited my needs so decided to swap. First I receive this crazy email:
Broadband Product Extra
Monthly Subscription £12.34
After 3 month(s) your subscription will change to £16.34
Where on earth those prices came from I've no idea as they bare no comparison to the ones Plusnet is advertising.
Then today I see I've been billed £17.99 despite being on a Market 3 exchange (ticket 33222447 ) instead of the expected £11.49.
Then to cap it all on the day I've moved from Plusnet unlimited to Plusnet Extra, I've completely lost sync to the exchange (ticket 33221195 ). Given the catalogue of other errors I'm struggling to believe someone at Plusnet hasn't pressed a wrong button somewhere.  Oh and before someone bothers, I've tried two routers and the master socket etc.
Come on Plusnet - you must do better.
Tom.
10 REPLIES 10
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: catalogue of failures

Hi tomm,
I'm very sorry about this. I've refunded you the difference from the invoice you mention. You're being incorrectly charged for market 1&2 instead of market 3 so I've also raised a task to our development team to get that swapped for you - that will happen before you are next billed.
I'll put an update on your fault ticket for you now.
tomm
Grafter

Thanks Matt, Will be much happier when I get sync back now.
Tom.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi tomm,
I've updated the fault for you, it's been passed back for further investigation. There'll hopefully be an update later on today, I'll let you know.
tomm
Grafter

Thanks Matt. At 9:30 my router synced with the exchange. Nearly there..... However, the download speed is ridiculous....
Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 0:15:51
DSL Type: G.992.3 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 440 / 288
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 13.0 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 35.0 / 58.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 15.0 / 24.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 11 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 1 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 280 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): NA / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): NA / 0
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0

I left it 30 mins and tried turning the router off for a minute and then on again. The sync was exactly the same (288). Normally on ADSL2 it syncs in the mid 3000's.
Tom.
tomm
Grafter

Could someone check this out please. I have had my sync back since 9:30am but the downstream is stuck at 288 (33221195 ). It would be nice to have it back to normal again.
Thanks.
tomm
Grafter

Please could someone give this ticket(33221195 ) a boot, It's great to have a connection back but I don't want to be stuck with broadband download of 288 all weekend! Please....
Thanks.
tomm
Grafter

Nearly there, I have a 2000 profile with BT and it was 2000 yesterday. But current line speed at +net is 250 as I put in ticket 33221195. Could someone tweak the +net end please 250 is really really slow.
Thanks.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Tom,
I've just reset the profile for you to 2000kbps. It looks like you are in a much better place with this now.
See how things go over the next couple of days but everything looks to be well at the moment, I've passed your ticket back but do send it back to us if you see any more issues.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tomm
Grafter

Thanks Adam, will do, I restarted the ppp session and it feels so much better!
Tom.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers Tom,
No probs  Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team