cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant pay for my bill unless i call?

warbleeder
Grafter

cant pay for my bill unless i call?

so just gone online to pay my bill.... but yet there no payment button (im guessing as im not in failed billing)?
i even went into my bill and only option i get is to print it?
im not adding card details for reason that happened in the past .... and i aint calling you to be on hold for 15-30minutes just to make a payment
52 REPLIES 52
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: cant pay for my bill unless i call?

Or set up a direct debit? That has very good protection, though with the antique PN accounting system setting it up is a lottery, and a slow one too!  Cry
Most utility service companies allow you to pay by direct bank transfer giving an account number (or similar) as a reference.
You would think that would be an option...............
warbleeder
Grafter

nope i wont leave my card details on plusnets system as last time i did that someone from plusnet took a manual payment from my bank without my permission first... not name anyone or going into details...
and in all fairness at end of day when you click a bill to view it ... if that bill states pending or due it should have the option to make payment
AndyH
Grafter

Can you add a card, make a payment then remove it?
warbleeder
Grafter

P.S if someone from plusnet wants to call me and take payment go ahead but im sorry im not sitting on the phone for atleast 15-30minutes before someone picks up
last time i did that i could not remove it..... but again you should not have to wait untill you are in failed billing to have the option to make payment
AndyH
Grafter

What if you go here http://www.plus.net/pay ? Does it not allow you to make a one off payment online?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I get - is this because nothing is due or because I have a direct debit set up
Error
Sorry, An error occurred whilst processing your request.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: warbleeder
nope i wont leave my card details
You don't give card details for a direct debit.  Huh
AndyH
Grafter

If a bill has already been generated though, doesn't that mean the OP's only option is to pay via card?
TORPC
Grafter

There is most likely a problem with the system or a discontinued service Lips_are_sealed
All I am seeing (with a NON DD account)

Edit:

I wonder how long it will take for the"website team will investigate" & fix this now known issue ?Huh
Answers on a postcard please (NOT) Tongue
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I have the same problem , i dont have a Direct debit set up for personal reasons , but i pay with my debit card .
But the only way you can pay with a debit card is when your bill is over due  Shocked , you cant even see what your bill is on the day its due , untill PN send you "sorry we cant take a payment" but when you log on member center all you can see is total payment , so you cant check your bill untill you pay. Lips_are_sealed
i know i get £1.50 charge but it works for me paying this way .
when you get overdue payment message you then get the pay now option  Sad
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
TORPC
Grafter

I suspect that £1.50 charge has made PN's Bank Manager(s) happy & it currently looks like (NOT for one moment I am saying it actually is) but it looks like fraudulent behaviour, from an outsiders point of view
Ok some may blame it on age old machines / software
That said
If they (PN) can & have brought their website up to speed with the current HTML5 / CSS3 coding, then surely they can bring their billing procedures up to date ?Huh
However I am guessing that as the forum software is outdated by @Least 6 years (& members have reported many a issue (that was incorrectly diagnosed as looking in the wrong place @ the load balancers), & was alleged to be prioritised (as of a couple months  ago (to date)) (It would be anyone's guess) if PN will fix this anomaly in a timely manner
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@warbleeder,
Are you aware that we don't give an option to pay if there's no active payment details on the account?
If this is what's happened in your case you'd just need to add some payment details and then you'd be able to pay.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TORPC
Grafter

@_Adam_Walker_
To clarify
One would need to store their active card details on your server, in order to & prior to getting a <Pay Now Button> / option
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Torpc , you still don't get the" pay now "option until after PN has tried to take payment from bank that they dont have a DD mandate for ?? 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .