cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bunch of scammers

johnd07
Grafter

bunch of scammers

the subject says it all , don't believe the hype p/n are the worst company i have ever dealt with , i will be glad when my year is up so i can go to bt and get proper service , i don't know how p/n staff can work for such a poor company , ANYONE THINKING OF JOINING P/N READ THE T/C CAREFULLY
24 REPLIES 24
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: bunch of scammers

Quote from: johnd07
ANYONE THINKING OF JOINING P/N READ THE T/C CAREFULLY

Good advice. Did you not do so?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Would you care to divulge the issue?
If reading the terms and conditions answers the concern then the term 'scammers' hardly applies (unless the Ts&Cs are so long and complicated that things are effectively hidden - which IMO they're not).
I'd recomend reading the Ts&Cs before signing up to any telephone / internet / power / mobile etc. contract with any supplier.
PN have traditionally been more transparent than others regarding data allowance, traffic management and similar.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
johnd07
Grafter

p/net are a disgrace polite but poor service , the managers are good at blaming suppliers every fault is down to someone else , but if you are p/net groupee you will dis this i have noticed that if you complain about plus net you get hounded of this forum by p/net groupies wish i had gone to a foreign company and not to a sham of a company such is plus net
Heloman
Grafter

You still haven't told us what your problem/complaint is..
I'm not a "groupie",  just someone who has previously tried five other ISPs and eventually found Plusnet to be by far and away the best.
OK, they're not always perfect. Who is? But they're a darned sight better then most, IMHO.
johnd07
Grafter

i respect  your opinion , and i agree that most isp are any better than p/net , but i think that service should be judged on results not on apesement which seems the norm for plus net every fault is someone else's  fault , i can't believe that p/net don't have penelty causes in there contract with their suppliers i.e. bt who own p/net it is just a sham , plusnet do not care about the customer any more after all the top people at p/net are so called ex bt , roll on may 2013 i can then get out of this crap contract
gswindale
Grafter

It's always a problem when you're in an industry whereby the company providing the service to the end user is reliant on an infrastructure that they have no direct control over.
I am sure that there are clauses in the contracts between ISPS and BT Openreach that can be invoked if neccessary; however in order for the ISP to be able to invoke those clauses I would expect that they have to be 100% certain that the appropriate trouble-shooting steps have been taken which may make it appear like they are simply trying to pass the blame as they are not simply "taking your word" for the fault.
Depending on the nature of your issue, which sounds like it might well be line related based on the rant, it is highly probable that you would experience the same issued wherever you went and could quite easily be posting something along the lines of "I wish I'd used a BT owned ISP as they'd have more clout than this bunch of cowboys".
I accept that it is frustrating when things don't go right, but I'd suggest seeing how you feel in a year's time (I thought PN had done away with annual contracts though?) and see how the service has been throughout your time before jumping ship to somewhere that could quite easily be much worse.
johnd07
Grafter

i think that the problem i am having is that i don't like to think that i am paying for a service that all isp sell with such a vague amount of what you might get for your money it seems that my speed should be between 2.5 to 7.0 that is like buying train ticket from london to rugby and being of loaded at northampton one day and the next day the train not stopping at rugby going on to coventry, until every customer let all sips know that this is not acceptable this will be the norm p/net won't let us pay less because we don't get what pay for because they don't promise anything and blame open reach for everything , p/net are little more than agency no skills in this field yet another con of so called open market
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

So is your complaint more about the way broadband is sold in this country than about this particular ISP? In that case surely you'd be better complaining to OFCOM.
David
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi johnd07,
I am really sorry that you are unhappy with the service. Is it the speeds primarily that you are unhappy with? I would be more than happy to look into any issues that you are having for you. Have you raised a support ticket at all?
Just pop a reply on here and I'll do everything I can to resolve any issues that you might have Smiley
johnd07
Grafter

hi chris thank you for the offer of help to which i am grateful , as i have stated my issue is not with the staff of p/net it is with the underhand way that a so called good honest broadband from yorkshire hide the true facts about the contract i.e. on the home page it states no annual contract with the option to start order or find out more so on face value i took it that was as stated only to find out you only get that option if you pay £40 for the router+£25 connection fee if they had no intension of misleading new customers why not put a ? next to that on the home page this is what i would only expect from a sham company , plus back to router you can buy the router for as little as £19.99 each so with p/nets buying power how much are they paying?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

All Plusnet are asking for is 12 months loyalty which for the vast majority of customers is no problem at all.
As for the router, you don't have to take one offered by Plusnet as you are free to purchase your own from any other source.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

johnd07, Strat has already explained, you don't have to have or use a Plusnet modem/router. There is nothing in the Ts&Cs that says you have to.
If you choose to have one, your pay postage for it, and if you leave within 12 months your pay £40 for it. If you stay longer, it's free. There are plenty of other ISP's that do similar things, but with longer deferred contracts and some with minimum contract terms where you would also have to pay the outstanding balance of the monthly charges for the remaining period. You do not have that with Plusnet, there is nothing in the Ts&Cs that says you have to stay for 12months for normal ADSL(2+). You can leave by getting a MAC key and giving 10 days notice.
The connection charge is again deferred, and if you stay for 12 months it's free. An engineer has to go to the exchange and put wires into the MDF to connect Broadband to your line. The charge for this is passed to the providing ISP. If however you MAC in from another provider, there is no connection fee as the wires are already there. Other providers charge as well or include it in higher monthly rental or long term contracts.
If you leave and use a MAC there is no fee either. If you just cease the service there is a cessation charge, which again is an OpenReach charge passed to Plusnet. Other providers may include the possibility of this in higher monthly charges and minimum contracts of 12 months or more. You are on a ten day notice with Plusnet.
You need to study the T's&C's a bit more and read the "legal" bits showing in various places (with links) on the main website. There could be an odd point here and there in the sign up journey that could be clarified, but I don't think you have any case whatsoever for suggesting that Plusnet are a bunch of scammers - they certainly are not, and usually bend over backwards to try and resolve any problems.
The only time currently that you are tied to a contract (18 months) is if you choose to have fibre. This is not a self install option and there is considerable charges to the ISP as a BT engineer has to visit your premises as well as the exchange and the Cabinet to make the necessary connections etc, and install a special vDSL fillter and carry out quite stringent line tests to make sure your line is good enough.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

From the original post i thought this was a serious issue and not just the OP not reading/understanding the T&Cs.  Crazy
johnd07
Grafter

i think i have made a mistake by thinking this part of the forum was for leaving feedback be it good or bad but it seem that if anyone disagrees with p/net staff or ar,,lickers we are told we are wrong and plus net can do no wrong , this forum sums up plus net perfectly it is full of self-rightous members who are the cause of the problem why p/net cannot or do not give new customers the respect and service that they brag about , most of the people on here who are happy with the service have been with pn for years and maybe just maybe the service was good when that joined company but it is totally a different beast now , cs rep are employed solely on there ability to read script , all the managers are command driven , it is everyone fault including the customer when things go wrong , and when you prove them wrong what do you get the standard we are sorry but its something beyond our control or as in my case when i told them for a week i was having low speeds caused by a faulty router which was less than a month old i was told i would have to pay for a replacement so that is why I THINK PN ARE SCAMMERS