cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband outage yesterday... staff didnt listen

warbleeder
Grafter

broadband outage yesterday... staff didnt listen

so yesterday morning between 7:30 and 8AM my broadband died.... (still not been told if BT or PN where at fault?)
and it came back up around 7PM
When my BB died i called plusnet went though the trouble shoot ect and it was raised as a fault....
when i raised as a fault i was told it could be up to 72 hour for PN faults to look in to this .... then it could be anything after 24 hour for a engineer ive waited over a week before.
so i called PN back as my bill was produced on 17th but i didnt have chance to pay..... and i said this....keep in mind my broadband was dead and i couldnt use it
me: we pay for out broadband a month in advanced correct?
PN staff: yes you do
me: ok so i would like to pay for my phone bill and line rentle but not my broadband as its currently disconnected and im unable to acess it and ive been told i could be a week or longer without it
PN staff: you ae unable to do that
me: but its my legal right to refuse to pay for a services im not Receiving yes?
PN staff: yes but its in our T&C's
Me:but i dont care about your T&C's if im been told i could be a week+ without BB then im not paying till its been fixed
PN staff:but our company policy is you pay us and when we find out what the fault is we will refund you ....
me:but refund takes up to 10 days right? so thats almost 2 weeks so i could be without money for 3 weeks? not happening i will pay for my phone but not BB
PN staff reply to the above made me laugh
PN staff: ok but if you dont pay for your BB you will be disconnected
ME why would i care when i allready told you my BB is dead ? im not refusing to pay... but im not paying till my services are fixed
Question for Plusnet... do some of your staff not listen to us at all and follow scripts or is it company policy to ignore customers and follow scripts....
i stated my BB was dead....this was not fault of mine... and i was told i could be waiting a week or longer?
and DESPITE your tearms and conditions i legally have the right to refuse to pay for a service im not getting
7 REPLIES 7
keith4x4
Grafter

Re: broadband outage yesterday... staff didnt listen

Hi There Warbleeder
In my experience I find that 80% dont listen and 19% dont care.
You are left with 1% to actually do something.
I think its the 19% on the phones who are scripted to completly ignore the customer that pays their wages.
Grff
Grafter

I've not used phone support, and have the odd ticket reply asking me to do something I've already told them I've done.
I've found the team on the forum seem to the most helpful, even when they must have loads to do.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

To be fair on the member of staff, they were correct in what they said. You had a temporary fault, the cause of which was completely unknown and the bill was already overdue. I'm not sure that telling us you're not going to pay for a month's broadband when you have a 12 hour disconnection is really the best course of action (but that's just my opinion).
I'm sorry you were offline for 1/2 day but that happens sometimes with broadband, there can be localised outages, exchange work, weather can affect the connection along with many many more factors. If you raise a fault with us then we'll refund the downtime you've experienced once the fault is resolved.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
warbleeder
Grafter

ok chris heres a question for you
my BB was down for 12 hours yes.... but why can no one tell me why? you know if its either yours or BT's fault as it clearly was not mine
2 it was not  exchange outage as plusnet confirmed when I called (and if it was my dad would more than likely be effected 2)
when I called up and said I refused to pay for my broadband until it was sorted how was I to know it would be back up and running withing 12 hours?
2 months in a row ive been screwed around by you... aint that right? last month you take £120 out of my bank (2 payments of £60) and I had to wait 7 days to get that money back... nothing to compensate for it.... this month 12 hours without BB.....
last month I even told you I had a 3 day old son I had to buy food for and the extra £60 you took was the only money I had..
after contacting my bank the told me to ask you to either email them or fax them to confirm you only needed one payment... then they would give me one of the payments back... but instead you left me without money for a week? and all I get is a god (d a m n) sorry?
im sick of sorry.... sorry is easy to say...
its ok for you to sit here and go on about ur T&C's but when customers get messed around you don't give good answers do you?
so 12 hours down time plusnet or BT? I know for a fact you can find out
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

my BB was down for 12 hours yes.... but why can no one tell me why? you know if its either yours or BT's fault as it clearly was not mine

Unfortunately not. I can say with confidence that it wasn't on our end as otherwise we'd have had multiple complaints about disconnections. That means it could be anywhere along the line up to and including the exchange.
2 months in a row ive been screwed around by you... aint that right? last month you take £120 out of my bank (2 payments of £60) and I had to wait 7 days to get that money back... nothing to compensate for it.... this month 12 hours without BB.....

I thought we'd sorted the previous issues you'd had out? I'll take another look in the morning.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
warbleeder
Grafter

hiya chris
the main reason I want to know whos fault this is.... is because if BT are to blame and im guessing they are... I want kick their butt...
im sick to death of problems on my line... not even a month ago ... I got a message saying calls from this number are bared
this was 1 in 3 or 4 calls...... like if I called my nan and others I would get the message hang up try again it worked
engineer came out no fault....
I don't care about discounts yea my service was down so its fair to be refunded and yea refusing to pay for my BB don't realy help things but why do bt cause so many problems and get away with this?
all in 3 problems in a month (since my son was born hes 4 weeks today) 2 BT's fault and one either yours or the banks 
CX
Grafter

It would be difficult to identify what happened with your connection if it was a one-off occurance.
Maybe there was a power failure at the exchange.
Maybe there was a huge source of interference in your house, or a neighbour's house, or anywhere along the route of the cable.
Maybe your modem/router got its knickers in a twist and didn't renegotiate a connection after dropping.
Maybe an engineer was working in the cabinet and accidentally disconnected your line.
Personally I'd put it behind me for now and see if it happens again, and if so, raise a fault with Plusnet. If your voice line is crackly or has other noises (dial 17070 and press 2), you need to raise a fault with BT.
As for the billing problem, that is a separate issue IMHO. Likewise any call barring issues with BT.