cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband drop outs packet loss etc

Jamieye

broadband drop outs packet loss etc

Plusnet has been the worst of all the isp's in my area so far, net drop outs atleast 3 times a day and high latency when not dropping out, have a low amount of packet loss constantly too, like for someone to explain why it's so bad
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

Re: broadband drop outs packet loss etc

Hi Jamieye,
Welcome to the forums, sorry to hear that you are having problems with your service.  PlusNet's Digital Care Team (DCT) guys are not around during the weekend, so you are left with help from other users similar to your self.
In part answer to your question, who were you with before?  Some suppliers use technology different to that supplied by BT as used by many ISPs including PlusNET.
Can you please post your router stats on here so that we can see how your line is performing.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: broadband drop outs packet loss etc

Hi Jamieye,
I'm really sorry for the problems that you've been experiencing with the dropping connection. I've taken a look at your connection and can see that your SNR Target is set at 3db, this being low could cause your connection to become unstable. I've raised this to 6db to try and keep the connection stable for you.
Please let us know if you notice any further regular drop outs at all.