cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auction for altzeimers

tony8436
Grafter

auction for altzeimers

Rather than spending money on projects like this, how about you try spending it on improving the service you provide.  If you did this, you may actually be able to provide the service that people are paying for and in turn, they will recomend you to others.  As a result of the way you handled my issues, I will be recomending that people stay as far away from you as possible.  If however, you had spent the money to improve my service, you would no doubt have alot more customers in this area, rather than people staying away as you deem it acceptable to allow a paying customer to go 6 weeks with no internet.
20 REPLIES 20
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: auction for altzeimers

what the hell has that title got to do with your moans, or have you got Altzeimers?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Who's to say Plusnet spent any money on it and anyway it was a cheap shot at Altzeimers sufferers and a very good cause.
Just my opinion.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Tony reading back through whats left of your threads, your only problem is that you are so far from the exchange PN and also BT cant help you, the route you have decided via satellite is your only option
tony8436
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Tony reading back through whats left of your threads, your only problem is that you are so far from the exchange PN and also BT cant help you, the route you have decided via satellite is your only option

It's not that they CAN'T help, it's that they WONT help.  FTTC would sort the problems out.  You know it, I know it, Plusnet know it and I'm sure that even my 4 year old knows it.  PN are advertising THEIR fibre network.  If it is theirs, why wont they help?  Because they don't give a damn about the customers needs, thats why.
tony8436
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
Who's to say Plusnet spent any money on it and anyway it was a cheap shot at Altzeimers sufferers and a very good cause.
Just my opinion.

Good cause or not, customers should be the priority, after all, we are the ones paying them each month.  It was not a shot at altzeimers at all, but a shot at plusnet for wasting my money on projects like this, when they can't even provide a good internet service.
WWWombat
Grafter

Quote from: tony8436
It's not that they CAN'T help, it's that they WONT help.  FTTC would sort the problems out.  You know it, I know it, Plusnet know it and I'm sure that even my 4 year old knows it.  PN are advertising THEIR fibre network.  If it is theirs, why wont they help?

Edit:
I typed a response to this, but decided it wasn't worth it. There's enough vitriol going around a few threads now without adding to it.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

tony8436,
Tell me about the problems you're experiencing. I'm here to help.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Adam,
Take a look at his attenuation!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
tony8436
Grafter

@ Adam,
The problem was 6 weeks with a speed of 31Kbps.  I contacted PN by phone and was told that someone would get back to me, they never did.  I then phoned back and was told that I would need to raise a fault ticket (which I thought had been done with the first call).  he next response was simply 'you'll have to wait upto 10 days to see if it stabalises'.  It took 5 weeks before the first engineer visit was arranged.  6 weeks to the second, and another 4 days until PN sent me a text saying my profile had been reset.  The first 3 weeks of the problem was just someone telling me to try another router and filter and plug into test socket.  I did this the first time they told me, yet they still went down this road for 3 weeks.  If they had called for an engineer after the first time, the fault could have been sorted alot quicker, but due to the incompetence and nobody talking to each other, this went on far too long and cost me alot of money.  I had to travel to the nearest internet cafe, which is 20 miles away whilst my car was off the road so I had to use a taxi, total cost £50 everytime I wanted to get online, which was quite often as I had to prepare a presentation for a promotion course.
One of the CS I spoke to said I would not be billed for the time I could not access the internet, yet low and behold, I receive a text saying my payment was successful.  I phoned again to ask why I had been billed and was told that the money will be refunded, but it can take upto 10 working days.  What a shock, it still has not appeared in my bank.  It seems that the only thing Plusnet got right through this whole fiasco was taking the money, even though they said this would not happen.  And you wonder why I am posting negative things about PN.  Maybe I would not have to if, like I said in my OP, you spent more time and money looking after the customer, rather than charity events that are just used as free advertising for you.  Over all this has been a very negative experience.  It would be bad if this was a one off, but sadly, PN have not once lived upto my expectations, this is just the last straw and I will be leaving as soon as Avanti communications have set up my satellite equipment some time this month.  I will also be telling anybody who is thinking of moving to PN just how bad you really are and recomend that they go nowhere near you.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

tony8436,
I must apologise that you seem to have had a bad experience here. I will be picking over the details of how we handled this to see precisely what can be learned for future reference.
One of the CS I spoke to said I would not be billed for the time I could not access the internet

If that is how we worded this we were wrong I'm afraid. Billing is automated and cannot tell if you've had a loss of service or not. The process is a manual one for crediting you for down time and as such I will also make sure that happens along with a good will gesture which I believe you deserve.
I will also be telling anybody who is thinking of moving to PN just how bad you really are and recommend that they go nowhere near you.

I'm gutted to read that you feel this strongly about the bad experience you had, this is certainly not what we wanted to happen, I can see that you do have a complaint ticket open at the moment so I will make sure that the relevant team respond to you soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tony8436
Grafter

Adam,
the answer of how to avoid this is simple.  If a problem lasts more than say a week, have one person at PN take charge of it, rather than a different person every day telling me to do the same tests I have done time and time again.  This means that the customer will only have to do the test once and an engineer visit can be arranged from there.  This will cut the time down dramatically and would make it appear to the customer that something is happening.  The other thing you can do as well as this is, if CS say they will call back within 24 hours with an update, make sure they call back.  Even if it is to say something along the lines of 'we still haven't got to the bottom of it but we are still trying to sort it out'.  Again, this would make the customer feel that they haven't just been forgotten about.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very well put, and echoes what has been suggested on this forum time and again for years.
Next you will hear how many new staff have been taken on and are being trained... blah  blah  blah
You can guarantee that if you are reading these forums in three or five years time, that customers will be suggesting the exact same things.
Sigh !  Roll_eyes
tony8436
Grafter

From what I have read on other threads on here, PN has a rapidly growing number of customers, but it seems that they no longer have the staff to cope.  Even if they have taken on more staff, is this number in any way proportionate to the number of customers and the number of staff required to deal with them effectively?  I know that more staff means more cost, but if the number of customers is growing, this should easily pay for a few more staff without a price increase.  PN prides itself on winning awards for customer services, but in order to maintain these awards, they need to follow these simple steps, there is no other way (unless a miracle happens and broadband faults cease to exhist).