Hooked

any point

is their any point to putting problems on here because it doesn't get answered

17 REPLIES 17
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Re: any point

In my experience definitely yes. Where are you posting your question, ie which board?

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

As far as i can see, you haven't asked anything yet, other than your OP.Grin However, with many years with PN and its forums, I can tell you, I have had no trouble getting answers.

And 'welcome'Thumbs_Up

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note.
Moved to feedback from chat.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@colint2017 wrote:

is their any point to putting problems on here because it doesn't get answered

Definitely yes. The Plusnet staff that monitor this forum are very good. There are also fellow customers who will chip in and help if they can.

I suggest that you start a new topic fully describing your problem on the appropiate board and see what happens.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

I doubt they will, @Baldrick1 - s/he has not been back since the original post, despite being online until turned 10 last night.

John
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

That's correct - there isn't any point.

In making a generic complaint without being specific on what the underlying issue is.

Like anything, staff do listen and respond to feedback but they're only human like all of us and can't read your mind.

jab1
Legend

@jab1 wrote:

I doubt they will, @Baldrick1 - s/he has not been back since the original post, despite being online until turned 10 last night.

I rest my case - never been back a not one other post.Azn

John
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

The thing is I think it is rather selfish.

If the OP (or an OP of any thread) has a problem they should mention it.

It works both ways in my opinion. The OP gets a problem resolved ASAP, which is understandably what they want to happen of course, but also people on the community learn about faults, etc. So if someone is in a similar position or even ourselves (yes I have had it happen to me, so I know what a pain it is) then it helps us too.

jab1
Legend

I agree, @Alex - but is clearly a troll post - nothing less, nothing more.Ticked_off

John
colint2017
Hooked

still getting overcharged and being charged full amount with no discount ,this has been going on for 2 months now,

Dear Mr taylor,

Thank you for your time on chat Colin (4300747013) .

In regard to the delay with Fibre Unlimited Fibre - Market 2/3 charge for the period 02-08-2018 to 01-09-2018 @ £15.99

Completed date 10/08/2018 = 9 days downtime

£15.99 / 30 days x 9 days= £4.80

In addition to this I have added a refund for the BT sports app as well at £2.50.

I have now refunded £7.30 . Please allow 5-7 working days, up to 14 days, for this to clear back in to your bank account.

I hope this clears things up for you. There is no need to reply to this ticket if the matter is resolved.

Should you have any further queries, do not hesitate to get back in touch on 0800 432 0200 or on 0345 140 0200 between 7am-10pm. You can find out how busy we are before you call by visiting our Support Statistics.

For quick answers or simple queries, you can chat with us via https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed] [Email notification sent to: [Removed]]
Hello colin,

Account username: [Removed]

Our Support Team have opened Question 182059213 to track an issue on your account.

Dear Mr colin taylor,

SPEED
Your download speed range is 38 to 40 megabits per second.

Speeds vary based on the distance from your exchange, the quality of your phone line and other factors. Further information is available on our website and in the email sent after this call.

Further information on broadband speeds is available on our website and in your welcome email.

During the first 10 days of your broadband service you may notice that your line speeds can vary. After the initial if it is significantly below the estimated speed range please contact us.

If you receive an access line speed which is significantly below this range, you should contact us.

BROADBAND PACKAGE - Unlimited Fibre
You are signing up to the Unlimited Fibre broadband package which has no usage limit or fair usage caps.

PHONE - Line Only
You are not taking a call plan.
Calls to other Plusnet home phone customers are free. A 60 minute limit applies to inclusive calls. After 60 minutes, youll be charged at the standard rate.

The following costs apply to any call made outside of your call plan's allowance:
A 22p connection fee for every chargeable call
Calls to UK landlines (beginning with 01, 02 and 03) cost 13.5p per minute
Calls to UK mobiles cost 15p per minute
Calls to service numbers (beginning with 084, 087, 09 and 118) consist of:
- a 9.58p per minute access charge from Plusnet, and
- a service charge set by the organisation you called
- Indirect access numbers and calling cards are excluded from call plans

Your call plan has a credit limit of £55.00.

You can see a breakdown of your calls and make credit limit top up payments in the Member Centre.

You are agreeing to a 24 minimum term option.

PRICE
Unlimited Fibre Broadband: £10.99 per month for 24 months and then £15.99 thereafter
Line rental: £18.99 per month
BT Sports APP: £2.50 for 6 months, £5.00 thereafter
Total: £32.48 per month for 24 months on a new 24-month contract then £38.98 per month thereafter

Any charges as a result of calls made outside of your call plan will be added to the next available bill.

If you cancel within the 24-month term you must pay £11.29 per full month remaining in the minimum term. This is made up of a £2.80 charge for the broadband and a £8.49 charge for the home phone.

If you want to terminate your services with Plusnet, you must give 14 days' notice. If you are moving to another provider, we will accept that provider's order notification as notice. If we need to terminate your service, we will only do so after giving you 28 days notice.

If you move your services to another provider on a different network or cease your broadband services, a cessation charge of £30 will be payable.

You can cancel your order for any equipment up to 14 days after you receive it from us. Information about returning the equipment will be provided if you contact us to cancel.

You have up to 14 days from tomorrow to cancel your order. If you cancel your product change within 14 days, we will revert you back to your previous agreement or the closest matching service.

Your order is subject to Plusnets terms and conditions, and well handle your information as set out in our privacy policy, both are available on our website. A link will also be included in the email we send after this call. Please ensure you read and understand them.

Prices, content and terms may change at any time during your contract. We'll tell you about important changes in advance.
Unlimited Fibre discount (24 months) - £5.00. any ideas

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) CSA name removed as per Forum rules and also removed customers personal info. 

jab1
Legend

@colint2017 OK you have posted what Plusnet have advised you, but no details of the claimed overcharge, so still no further useful information.

As an aside, I would delete references to your username and email address in a public forum.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@jab1

You can deduce that the OP is being billed £15.99 per month as the rebate in the first post is based on this being the monthly cost. However the sign up letter states £10.99 per month.

It looks mighty like another billing system screw up that needs Plusnet input I fear!

Hopefully a  Plusnet staffer will spot this and start some action. Alternatively I assume that this should really have been posted on the My Account board. Maybe a Mod will move it there where it might get a bit more visibility.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

@Baldrick1 You are correct - I must learn to be awake when I am replying to posts. Apologies to @colint2017 also.

John
colint2017
Hooked

I have been trying to contact them but the last two times they keep u hanging on , your 4th in the queue and so on until you get to first then they ask your name and password then disconnect your chat with them this is not a way to do business because we the customers are going to walk away plenty of providers out there....