cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another 72 hours, stable connection, sync 6mb ... plus net still have me on 750K

andybird123
Grafter

another 72 hours, stable connection, sync 6mb ... plus net still have me on 750K

All in the title really... it's been more than 72 hours since I was un-capped, my sync has been around the 6mb rate since tuesday and as of 8am this morning BT had me set to 5MB IPProfile, but for some reason plus net still have me on a 750K connection
if anyone reads this can they give the plus net system a nudge to catch up with the BT profile please
13 REPLIES 13
nadger
Rising Star

Re: another 72 hours, stable connection, sync 6mb ... plus net still have me on 750K

It may be Monday before someone, with a big boot, is back on duty
andybird123
Grafter

Re: another 72 hours, stable connection, sync 6mb ... plus net still have me on 750K

so the advertised "24/7 support" isn't actually 24/7 then
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Plusnet support is available 24 x 7 on 0845 140 0200. They can reset your Plusnet profile for you so why not give them a ring?
These forums are not an official support medium and the Digital Care team who respond in these forums do not work nights and at the weekend. So it could be Monday before they drop in again.
David
andybird123
Grafter

because I have already called the support number and they are just telling me the usual "your problem is with the faults team who will call you when they have an update" bs and won't actually listen when I ask them if they can reset my ip profile
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

It takes 12-24 hours for a BT delta report following an IP Profile change to be received by Plusnet and the automated system to act upon it. If the BT change occurred this morning you are still within that timescale.
David
andybird123
Grafter

from the time my sync rate improved, it should have been 72 hours maximum for my actual speed to improve (24-48 hours for BT, plus 12-24 hours for Plus Net to catch up), it is now way past that
8am was the LATEST that this change occured, it actually happened some time between 9pm thursday and 8am friday
it is now more than 24 hours since this change occured and I STILL don't have "normal" speed back
it is now 2 weeks that I've had a massively restricted internet service
it is now 2 weeks of phoning "customer support" who aren't very supporting and basically tell me to go away every time I call
it was 1 week of them doing nothing before I came on the forum and only after complaining on the forum did anyone do anything
posting on the forum seems to be the only way of getting anything done
TicnTac
Grafter

posting on the forum seems to be the only way of getting anything done

Correct  Roll_eyes Sad, but very true, but also count yourself lucky - our issue has been ongoing since April, re-logged in May, then in June, and well, it is now September  Undecided
It is a shame that the only real members of PN staff seem to lurk around this forum getting things done, shouldn't be like that, but you can at least be thankful that when one of the team do pick up on it, it'll get sorted.
andybird123
Grafter

as of this morning, I've finally seen an improvement, but it's still not back to where it was before the big drop over 2 weeks ago
it's now at 3.5mb throughput, so maybe I should quit while I'm only slightly down, but before 2 weeks ago I had 4 months of solid 4.5mb connection, so it could still do with something tweaking
I had been told that I was being moved on to a PN managed connection rate instead of BT's auto adjusting software, but then I also receieved a message to say that that hadn't been done, so quite where the status is now I don't know
Lorenzo48
Grafter

TicnTac
Grafter

Nice bit of reading there Smiley Comments are a little old, so not sure how up to date it is, would be nice if Plusnet went down the same route, but then they do throw out the "goodwill" gestures  Smiley
Then again, there is the saying "a little knowledge can be dangerous"  Roll_eyes
andybird123
Grafter

well touch wood, after 2 weeks of phone calls and moaning on public forums, my connection seems to be "back to normal" around 4mb, so for the time being I'm content with PlusNet
although now knowing that 2 weeks is on the better side for a PlusNet/BT fix, if I do get another outage I'm fairly liable to call Virgin... if they can get to my house and install 20mb fibre before Plus Net fix the problem, I'd then cancel my PlusNet/BT line
my main complaint about Plus Net support is that the Faults Team never do what they say they will (e.g. call you back within 48 hours) and that 1st line support simply refuse to do anything at all to help, not even pass a message to the Faults Team to remind them "they HAD said they would call within 48 hours but I've been waiting nearly a week"
if PlusNet could put something in place to allow that to happen, we wouldn't need to come on to public forums to air their dirty laundry
on that link to AAISP - they are massively more expensive and they are still a BT reseller, so there is no guarentee they'll fix your fault, only that if they don't within 1 month you can leave them and you get no penalty charges - but as I'm on the "no-contract" option with Plus Net, I can cancel my plus net connection without penalty too
if you're a "heavy user" or you upload alot then they could be a good option as they'll not cut you off like BT would and they don't count uploading towards your usage, you can add off peak allowance for buttons,
but as I have a wife at home who spends all day every day at home on skype and watching internet TV I do kinda need more than 1GB per month peak allowance too
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@andybird123
Thanks for your feedback there, we have a big focus on setting a customer's expectations correctly.
As an explanation of your experience, the people who answer the phones invariably have had not any experience of second / third line fault diagnostics and so are unable to do much other than pass messages on. First line are asked to set an expectation for a call back but they have no way of knowing where the fault is in the queue. We can tell what the current queue length is but when the wait time is around two days any variance in the time taken to deal with faults can have a big knock on effect.
Recent problems at BT's side have compounded our delays and so sometimes our target response time of 72 hours may be missed. If this is the case then we have processes to push faults to the front of the queue for diagnostics and call backs.
However, I'm glad to hear that your individual issues are resolved and please don't hesitate to post back if you would like any further information or help.
andybird123
Grafter

After I closed my ticket i filled in the "customer satisfaction survey" to feedback the problems mentioned above (e.g. no way of getting through to the faults team and the protracted wait for the faults team to call me - particularly as they then kept calling my home phone - the very same home phone that they had told me to unplug).  They called me back yesterday.
They say they are looking at systems to allow easier contact with the faults team (e.g. letting 1st line support call them or send them a message to chase).  They also gave me 1 months credit on my account.
I can't say fairer than that really, low speed for 2 weeks = 1 month free broadband.