cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You're approaching your product's broadband peak-time usage allowance of 120GB

BigNez
Dabbler

You're approaching your product's broadband peak-time usage allowance of 120GB

We have used 106GB so far with 24GB today due to an error with downloading games overnight from steam. Ok my  fault but with plusnet you are on the wire every Month with no room for issues. I have contacted plusnet on several occasions trying to find out when this will be resolved. Can anyone help? I have two teenage Sons at home all day for the Summer Holiday's and I need to find a solution as 120GB on Fiber connection is not enough for our needs.
My only way forward will be to move to a different suppler.
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: You're approaching your product's broadband peak-time usage allowance of 120GB

Remember the 18 month contract you agreed to - if you leave there will be a cancellation charge
Fibre broadband - 18 month contract: Comes with a wireless router (P&P £4.99). If you leave within 12 months, you must pay for the cost of the router (£40) and an early termination charge for each remaining month of your contract. Between 12 and 18 months, you'll just need to pay the monthly early termination charges (for Fibre Extra that is £6 per month).
http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html
http://www.plus.net/residential/faqs.shtml#contractSetup
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: You're approaching your product's broadband peak-time usage allowance of 120GB

You have my sympathy. I take it from your other post you have set your Extra Monthly spend to £0. Probably a good job otherwise it would cost you an arm and a leg  Shocked
BigNez
Dabbler

Thanks I was aware of the cancellation chargers as I contacted pusnet during the first week of usage I was told that distance selling didn't apply so I was unable to cancel.
I also have to pay a £25 charge. I still have the unopened basic router as it's not suitable for on line gaming so looking to return that. I did request for it not to be issued but they sent it anyway.
But what can we do? I have we have been on Managed Broadband for six months (No BBC I player or subscriptions to online movies etc, No downloading till after midnight so lots of late nights) and we still are using too much!
The product refresh might help but when?