Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You no longer raise ticket or view any ticket anymore

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: You no longer raise ticket or view any ticket anymore

@Stoker 

I have an open question and that link works for me. To view other closed questions, I can then select the time period in the page that I have been taken to and click on the "go" tab and that works too.

It may be a particular issue with your account as I have some issues with the referrals pages on my account which Plusnet cannot readily fix.

If you do not have an open question then the link you refer to on your dashboard does not appear. This is where Plusnet's customer services falls down as there is no way to get to those via a link in the Member Centre. As tickets are record of customer interactions with Plusnet this seems to be a deliberate interference with customers' right to see those conversations / agreements / actions. but Plusnet seem determined not to reinstate such links even if they do not allow new questions to be raised. What have they got to hide by not allowing customers, who are party to  a contract (even if only a monthly rolling one), ready access to closed questions?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Stoker wrote:

What's the point of making the "View all questions asked" text look like a link when you can't click it?

All too often when seeking to find conspiracy, we find things which appear to fit our agenda, rather than being recognised for what they are - an odd artefact of the behaviour of different web browsers / view port sizes.

This issue has been identified to be a characteristic of browser being used and the size of the viewport.  Testing this morning assisted by the super users using a range of bowsers on different devices, found a variety of different behaviours, significantly depending on viewport size.

Personally I found that MS Edge maximised rendered the content unclickable.  Resizing the window (restoring the window) made the link clickable.  Further examination suggests that this is a content layering issue - if the tea mug graphic renders on the left (smaller viewport) the link is clickable.  That suggests that the graphic renders over the link which gives some browsers problems doing the right thing.

Now that the variable behaviour has been discovered, I'm sure that Plusnet will have a quick fix.  In the meantime, maybe we can be a bit more tolerant and just resize the browser window if we urgently need to click that link?

“When we make judgements we're inevitably acting on limited knowledge, isn't it best to ask if we seek to understand, or simply let them be?”
― jay woodman

Also see here - https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Site-Feedback/Is-this-forum-no-longer-handling-support-quest...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@Townman 

OK so the coding for the link has been poorly done and could be readily fixed by Plusnet. Whether they do or not is a moot question.

However that does not get away from the other issue in that there is no link in the Members Centre to view closed tickets unless that link is there because you have an open ticket for the link to appear. Why are Plusnet so reluctant to provide such a link?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Poorly done - so much judgement and so little good Grace.

There is nothing wrong with the link, but there is much to be desired about how browsers layout overlapping content.

But you’re not wrong, when there a racket coming from a stick and a drum, sometimes it’s wiser to just take the drums away. I’ve asked if a permanent link to closed tickets might be provided in a more prominent place.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

deadkenny
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I've got an open ticket and use Edge browser, and no amount of resizing window, maximising and restoring makes that link clickable.

It was working a couple of weeks back, but seems to have stopped. That aside, I find it difficult to find another route into it without knowing what the URL is.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Have you reduced the width so that the tea mug moves to the left ... or does not otherwise over lap the link?

deadkenny
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Ah, yes you're right. It's the advert that's overlapping the link.