Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You need a new home phone deal otherwise I am moving back to BT

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: You need a new home phone deal otherwise I am moving back to BT

The actual wording on the Evening/Weekend and Anytime packages is as below - no mention of chargeable although there used to be
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

No you don't need to make chargeable calls on the package. I very rarely make chargeable calls and haven't been charged for these features.
I too looked at the PN / BT line rental and call packages and in the end went for the BT pay up front, got 3 months free anytime too.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Not applicable

And do you get 3 months free if you are already using Anytime?  If so paying up front is suddenly becoming very tempting.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Oldjim, the salient text is under the information hotspot in this page:
http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayCategory.do?categoryId=CON-HOME-PHN-R1...
It says:
Calling Features for no extra costBT 1471 (get the number of the last person who called)
BT Answer 1571 voicemail^
BT Privacy^ (stops sales calls and shows who's calling).
^ You need to sign up to these when you order your Calling Plan. Charges apply if you don't make two chargeable calls with BT per month. See Calling Plan legals below for details.
Adiewoo and Poppy,
For the purposes of this condition, Anytime calls are classed as "chargeable" (I know it sounds silly!)
The anomalous charge arises when you go away on an extended holiday and make NO calls during a charging period. In this case, the woman I spoke to confirmed that £1-50 would be charged. RIDICULOUS!
R
gswindale
Grafter

However if you wish to see all calls made during a billing period; you do need to make at least one that does actually cost money - otherwise their billing system can't show any calls.
I think, based on my last bill, that BT have just about caught up with the billing for me now.  Just over a year ago, my October bill was showing calls made in June/July only!
mikko
Grafter

My BT calls are free at weekends. I make at least 2 free BT calls every weekend and have never been charged the extra £1.50.
When I go away for more than a month someone comes in to water the plants and they make a couple of free weekend calls. (Weekday calls are via 18185, 1899 or 18866).
Wink
Not applicable

Just spoke to BT about the autumn deal and apparently I an keep my £2 per month discount and still go for the offer.
I reckon that this will save about £2 per month.  Have to pay £119.88p up front then just get billed monthly by direct debit for the call part.
Sounds like a good deal.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Just as a quick re-iteration as  this post has made it on to its second page, we don't have any immediate plans to change or update our phone packages but I would urge anyone thinking of switching providers to have a chat with us first.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
whiteshadow
Dabbler

I would be very wary of B.T. I signed up on an 18 month contract because I had to when activating my phone line, just swapped my phone line to plusnet and B.T. have charged me 25 pounds for the privilege of leaving, apparently they slapped a 12 month contract on me 6 months ago........without telling me!
No-one can tell me why, I just get the same thing over and over again, "you signed up in april 2009" To which I think yes, 18 months ago, and i put up with their rubbish website, over confusing ridiculous billing system and countless charges for not paying my bill on time when I hadn't received any notification it was due  Undecided  , just so they wouldn't give me any charges for leaving.
You may save a quid or so a month but I really don't know if its worth it, I for one certainly won't be switching back.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

That's been pretty much my experience too whiteshadow.
Ever since BT announced "easier to understand" bills I've not been able to understand them.
With a good website, UK support, and the inclusive international minutes, I'm sticking with PN for the foreseeable future.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Not applicable

My experience with BT is the exact opposite.  I had awful billing problems with Plusnet (as many people did and still do AFAIK) but with BT I have paperless billing and it is all itemized very clearly.  I have no problems with it whatsoever.
idlewis
Grafter

If you want to desparately save money, try Primus Saver .
It is only £8.99 a month.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I've just signed with them, I was going to in April but BT offered me a better deal, then they increased the price  Crazy So I complained and got a "get out of contract free" statement, so am moving to Primus. 12 month contract so will see what they are like, they are liked on the Money Saving Forum  Smiley
Not applicable

HB - I followed this the other day from Martin Shaw's newsletter so was aware of it. However, what happens regarding call costs? Something about 10.5p set up fee for each call which to me sounds pricey.  Mind you, I don't pay as have Anytime which is the best thing ever for us.  Will you use an override number?
It occurred to me that this would be good for Internet-only users i.e. those who have mobile contracts and don't use land line phone.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: idlewis
..........., try Primus Saver .
It is only £8.99 a month.

Not quite. It is £8-99 PLUS VAT .... and they have raised the price of Caller display to £2-50 (incl VAT( .... and they now have a Call Connection charge of 9p + VAT per call.
I have just dumped them.  Tongue
Edit: 2 typos