Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You need a new home phone deal otherwise I am moving back to BT

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You need a new home phone deal otherwise I am moving back to BT

Just received this through the post this morning
Unlimited Anytime Plan £4.99 per month (first 3 months free) plus line rental £9.99 per month if I pay 12 months in advance and it includes number display for free
Current Plusnet cost for a year £206.88 (including number display)
Change back to BT and the cost for a year is £164.79
Saving over a year £44.09 in the first year and £29.12 in subsequent years
44 REPLIES 44
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: You need a new home phone deal otherwise I am moving back to BT

I'll be taking a close look at that deal.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Not applicable

Yes, I had that through the post too and was wondering about it. Not worked out whether it will be better for me because I have Anytime with BT and £2 per month discount anyway.  Current bill is £16.03p per month and I get caller display included (Privacy at Home package).
I like the idea of paying up front and being rewarded for doing so - more companies should take note.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

If you think to take BT's upfront deal, read terms carefully about leaving early and discounts for existing paper billing,
I had been thinking about using PN phone but BT's offer won me despite the small print.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Not applicable

Yes, when I opted for the discount offer last year the one year contract was in the small print.  This year when it came to renewal they sent a letter and I had the option to cancel but just left it on the original offer as it was still better than PN.
If I take up the offer that Oldjim pointed to it would save me another £1 per month (if my calculation is correct) but best of all I would get rid of another direct debit so might give them a call and then consider it.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

As I understand it the paperless billing discount of £1.25 is "built in"  to this advance offer- seems likely that if you return to " normal" billing with BT after 1 year you will lose this discount.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Since Plusnet is paperless billing by direct debit it's a fair comparison
Not applicable

Oldjim - I think that the title of your thread is apt as last year when I returned to BT I asked more than once if PN could match the deal as I did not really want to move.  I had no response whatsoever so if you experience the same you might as well just move to BT.
TicnTac
Grafter

Oh no, leaving BT Plusnet to join BT the worlds gone mad  Shocked
Does this mean more bandwidth the less users Plusnet has? If so, I think this new BT deal is really good, and with these hard economic times ahead, we all need to save pennies (take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves).
I hear BT may also be moving call centres back to Britian.............. Cheesy
Wink
I'm still sticking with better the devil you know the devil you don't, even though they're the save devil  Undecided  Huh  Roll_eyes Plus, I'd like the line up and working sometime this decade, might be pushing it if I say "year"  Grin

john50
Grafter

There you go TicnTac move back to BT and you could restart your 14 page 8/9 month fault finding execise,  Cheesy
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: TicnTac

Does this mean more bandwidth the less users Plusnet has?
NO Oldjim Is only discussing Home Phone not BroadBand
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Unfortunately we can't pull new account types out of a hat I'm afraid.
Oldjim, if you still feel this way I'd advise giving our customer options team a call on 0845 140 6002
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Oldjim, if you still feel this way I'd advise giving our customer options team a call on 0845 140 6002

And good luck getting hold of them, there has always been a LONG queue when I tried (and gave up maybe that is why the long queue  Angry ;))
Wheel_nut
Grafter

I have just called BT Sales to find out about this Package and have to muse at the stupidity of the bundles services.
The Anytime Package includes 3 Calling Features ( Caller Display, 1471 and 1571) at no extra cost. BUT, you must make at least TWO "chargeable calls per month" or else you will be charged £1-50 per month for the features.
So I asks whether the "chargeable calls" have to be outside the Anytme included calls. The answer was that they can be within the category included in the Anytime package.
So I asks what happens if I go in holiday for a month and make no calls. The answer is that you will be charged £1-50.
I asked if she realised how silly that sounded to this prospective customer so she went away to ask an expert .... then came back and confirmed that I would be charged £1-50. Needless to say, I declined the offer.
... to think that this stupid bunch now rule at PlusNet Towers!  Roll_eyes Shocked
Not applicable

Well I can't fathom it either.  I used to make a couple of calls per month i.e. dialed my mobile, answered it then put it straight down again just to keep on the right side of BT.  Then someone on the forum said no, this was not necessary and it meant something different entirely so I stopped bothering and so far they haven't added £1.50 to my bill.  Last month I think that there was only one additional call which was 26p. 
I don't know how strict they are on this matter - in my case not very.