cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You must develop a better way to report faults on Plusnet HomePhone..

TW
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

You must develop a better way to report faults on Plusnet HomePhone..

Tree fall resulted in line breakage.
OK, try to report a fault to Plusnet but only have a PAYG mobile...sorry,, wait is 30 mins--on a PAYG mobile, you've got to be joking if you think that is service.
Thank heavens the other line to the house ( down the same cable) was with BT: Instant action: Temporary Repair same evening:
Conclusion: Likely to be goodbye Plusnet for Phone services.....still ace for FttC though...
7 REPLIES 7
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: You must develop a better way to report faults on Plusnet HomePhone..

Thanks for your feedback.
It's something that we're looking into as part of some of our improvements for Fault Reporting. Your feedback is important to us though and I'm happy to hear any other suggestions that you might have.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

First suggestion
A dedicated phone number or option for - my phone isn't working -  with priority over other calls and no facility for raising any other matters
TW
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Seconded:

At least, when you are restricted by circumstance to a mobile for fault reporting, an offer from Plusnet to ring the mobile back by a person to gather the problem would be an improvement.
For fault reporting overall, rather than keeping customers waiting on the telephone, it must be possible to gather the numbers maintaining the same queue order as pertains currently and return the call.
If Plusnet already knows that the wait in the present system is 'X' minutes why not offer a call back within 2X minutes: your operators will work at reduced pressure and we, the ones with the problem, can do something more interesting than listening to canned tripe....
gtowen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Since PN are able to send out text alerts concerning installs/repairs, how about a system for receiving a text message from a customer when there's a phone problem with a possible call back for more details.
A simple text message to PN along the lines......  Customer name: Phone Number concerned: Fault      would be a lot easier for all and would save on huge mobile phone bills from having to wait to get through to a PN rep.
Finguz
Grafter

This is a fantastic idea!
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]
I can't believe I did that again, sorry Jim!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'm liking the ideas Smiley
@gtowen
Really do quite like that idea! I'll feed it back to see if we can doing anything around that to help get in touch.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: TW
For fault reporting overall, rather than keeping customers waiting on the telephone, it must be possible to gather the numbers maintaining the same queue order as pertains currently and return the call.

There's a smartphone app for that , its keeps your place in the que, disconnects your call so its not costing you anything to wait on hold, then reconnects the call once an agent picks up  , also can be used from any landline or mobile, by dialing the 03 number, either method is the cost of a local call, which is included in most call plans.
http://www.weq4u.co.uk/
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.