Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You might like this in the Telegraph

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You might like this in the Telegraph

At the end of http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9874184/Owen-Paterson-has-taken-control-of-the-EU-meat-cris...

Two weeks ago, I wrote about the surreal chaos into which my Somerset village was plunged when BT switched around all our telephone lines. My point was to highlight our nightmarish attempts for several days to get any sense from BT’s utterly dysfunctional helpline. Only when one neighbour contacted a human voice at Plusnet, a BT subsidiary, did an efficient engineer arrive the next morning to sort most of us out. After my article, more engineers arrived to finish the unscrambling, saying “we were given a [Censored] in The Telegraph”. But our complaint was not with the engineers, only with BT’s inability to communicate. I have now switched my account to Premier Calls, partly because it promised to slash my bills by two-thirds, but even more because its fault line enables you to speak straight away to the friendly human voice of someone who, unlike those hapless robots in BT’s call centres, can contact the engineers directly.
What BT needs is a helpline to get it to correct this massive fault in its own non-communications system.
If you don't want to read the actual article the censored word was a euphemism for "A reet good telling off"
2 REPLIES 2
Bjn
Grafter

Re: You might like this in the Telegraph

I deal with BT Business at work and they are always to UK call Centre answered very quickly with very helpful employees who can sort out line faults within 24hrs often much faster, the last time an engineer visit to site was within 1 hour of the call. Why do the public have to put up with such poor service from BT when they can do it for Business Customers..
Come to think of it I get allot better service with other companies customer services  when I deal with their business services than I do when I'm calling as Joe Public. Maybe it's time UK Business woke up to the fact the public are as important as Business Account holders or is it the fact if I moved our BT Business Account I'm talking in the region of ten of thousands of pounds per year than a single  one hundred plus as Joe public.
Money talks?
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: You might like this in the Telegraph

Quote from: Bjn
Money talks?

I think you've answered your own semi-rhetorical question.  Lips_are_sealed