cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You (Plusnet) asked me to contact you via this forum...................

AlisonRose3764
Hooked

You (Plusnet) asked me to contact you via this forum...................

So here I am - my broadband is useless - this is the third week that I have had virtually NO broadband - so no internet, no netflix no Amazon Prime.  I phone you two weeks ago to tell you this - you just get me to restart the router?  Customer service tell me off for 'not bothering to hold earlier in the week' - and now I give you a 1* review on Trustpilot you ask me to contact you via this...............way to go on the customer service!

I tried to call you 5 mins ago but hear you have yet again a 30min wait!!!

So what are you going to do to improve this laughable service?

18 REPLIES 18
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: You (Plusnet) asked me to contact you via this forum...................

@AlisonRose3764  Have you tried to use "live chat" ? ? 

You may have better luck on there.... certainly , you will know what your position is, in the queue..

https://www.plus.net/help/chat/

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi @AlisonRose3764,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Can you please provide a bit more detail about what is wrong here?

• Have you got fibre or ADSL?
  • Which router / modem are you using?
  • What lights (colour) are showing?
  • Do you have a dial tone on the phone?
  • What self help checks have you done already?
  • If ADSL have you followed the self help on the link below?

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AlisonRose3764
Hooked

Wifi issues...........

So for the past few weeks my wifi has been terrible - can't watch Netflix and say use the internet without Netflix having to buffer and just stop.  So phone - hold 15mins and am told to try different channels to see if that helps - so have been changing the channels to the suggest 1, 6 and 11 - still not any better so phone again today - hold 20 mins to be told that yes my wifi drops a lot but there is nothing they can do - buy a new router or keep changing the channels are my only option!  What the hell - what am I paying for - as soon as my yearly line rental is up I am off - am really staggered at the unhelpful response.  Even the lady on the other end of the phone seemed surprised that was all she could say!  Anyone else experiencing similar?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: Wifi issues...........

Based on your previous post in which you did not reply to a request for more details so advice could be given, can it be assumed that this is another of those posts where you are here to criticise Plusnet, not to seek help?

If you want help start by telling us which router you have.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note:

Topics merged for clarity.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
AlisonRose3764
Hooked

I have a white router with purple writing on with a pink Plusnet cross on. 

My previous post was dealt with privately hence no reply. 

I have every right to criticise a company that does not seem to have an answer to a problem I ha e with their service, keeps you waiting. an age to answer the phone and seems happy to either charge you more for what they say is a better service, tell you to go buy a better router or just say tough luck! 

AlisonRose3764
Hooked

Hi-it’s ADSL, the White router with purple writing and a pink Plusnet cross on, I have four lights to the left-the last two lights flash on and off all the time and then the light to the right at the end also flashes. Yes I have a dial tone, Plusnet operator got me to reset the modem and then change the channels the WiFi comes thru. Plusnet tested the phone line all seems to be fine. 

They said they could see a lot of drop outs but there is nothing they can do-that I had to try all 13 channels then if that does not work buy a new router! 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Unfortunately due to the way wireless works I'm afraid we can't gurantee that you'll get a consistent wireless speed.

Are you able to try a wired connection to see if that has the same issue?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

How do we know it’s a WiFi drop out?

What kind of environment do you live in? The WiFi spectrum is what it is ... in some places of high density housing (such as flats) the WiFi spectrum will be clouded and getting a stable signal might well be difficult.

You you not use any channel other than 1, 6 or 11 - using anyother makes WiFi operation less optimal for every one.

By the way all Plusnet routers are like you describe. Which model number is it?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AlisonRose3764
Hooked

Plusnet told me it was Wifi drop out - I was told yes you are getting a lot of drop outs.  I don't live in a flat just a normal house - signal was fine two weeks ago.

Plusnet told me to try other channels.  Currently using 13 which is useless.

2704N is the model number of the router.

AlisonRose3764
Hooked

What sort of wires do I need - not sure my mac came with any cables did it?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

There should have been an Ethernet cable included with the router.

What is fascinating me is that in post 8 you say that Plusnet said they could see multiple drop outs. I'm prepared to be told that I'm wrong but whilst Plusnet can obviously see a dropped line, but a drop out due to a wireless problem? Maybe a Plusnet staffer can explain that and/or show us a radius chart. It is always possible of course that there are two problems here. 

For information the wireless performance of the Plusnet Hub Zero is pretty dire so if this is positioned some way from where you use your devices then a different router is a good idea. 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

AlisonRose3764
Hooked

Hi - will see if I can find this ethernet cable.

The plusnet lady def said I have lots of dropouts - not sure how they know - they said the same last time I called when they told me to try the 3 different channels.  

Router very close to the device I'm using and the telephone point so not sure I can get any closer - don't really want to go to the expense of another router if I am not totally convinced it will do the trick.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@Baldrick1 wrote:

There should have been an Ethernet cable included with the router.

What is fascinating me is that in post 8 you say that Plusnet said they could see multiple drop outs. I'm prepared to be told that I'm wrong but whilst Plusnet can obviously see a dropped line, but a drop out due to a wireless problem? Maybe a Plusnet staffer can explain that and/or show us a radius chart. It is always possible of course that there are two problems here. 

For information the wireless performance of the Plusnet Hub Zero is pretty dire so if this is positioned some way from where you use your devices then a different router is a good idea. 

Looks like a connection issue as well poor wi-fi, there is no way Plusnet can detect wireless issues unless they are parked outside the OPs property with a Wi-fi analyser, as you say a radius chart would show just how much the connection is dropping but going by what has been posted so far sounds like a line issue to me.