cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another unhappy customer.

disgruntleduser

Yet another unhappy customer.

In a way I'm pleased to see I'm not the only one unhappy with Plusnet.

I'm not onto my third line fault in a couple of years since joining and yet again I've been expected to take unpaid holiday to accommodate a possible engineer visit. Given that on the two previous visits no access was required I'm reluctant to do the same again. I find it unfair that Plusnet also charge £50 for a missed appointment, yet I'm expected to be out of pocket even if access is not required.

If anyone reads this who is thinking about joining please rethink as I also had to wait many weeks for Plusnet to deliver a router (I've since had two different models and the only word that springs to mind for both of them is budget) in the first place and have been plagued with a very unstable service since. I'm now looking forward to the day I can leave, until then I guess I have to continue to pay for a poor service, be out of pocked for a visit or pay for them for the privilege of leaving early.

I also attempted to leave feedback from my web chat earlier only for the link provided to not work, just about sums things up really.

2 REPLIES 2
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Yet another unhappy customer.

Hi there,

Three faults in two years isn't great, sorry to hear of the issues.

Your line is stable, but the speeds are suffering. The source of this could be anything from the master socket, right up to the exchange. As a result we cannot just send an external engineer and Openreach have committed to asking for an appointment.

The length of time it has taken for the router to arrive is not something that has often been complained about, as typically once it's sent it's in Royal Mail's hands. When did it arrive at your property? It seems that you had a reasonably positive experience via webchat when agreeing to have the router sent out.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
disgruntleduser

Re: Yet another unhappy customer.

No the router was when I first joined a couple of years ago, I had to have it resent 2 or 3 times before I received one at all.

It's not just the speeds that are suffering I'm also getting regular DNS errors when I have no service at all. My biggest concern now is that I take a half days unpaid leave from work and the engineer yet again does not require access to the property which has happened on the previous two occasions. I was told when I first logged the call that the diagnostics showed that the fault was with the line where the copper meets the fibre. I know nothing will progress without me ending out of pocket. I will be leaving Plusnet regardless of the out come and won't be recommending the service if asked.