cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another day of rubbish service

Hadenoughofthis

Yet another day of rubbish service

I think its about time you dropped "Reliable" from your advertising......... and you may wish to consider also dropping the use of the word "Fast" as well !.
Yet again I've had another day of appalling internet availability - its not good enough, pull your fingers out and start providing the service you are paid to provide !
I can't wait until my contract comes up for renewal, I'll certainly be voting with my feet.
28 REPLIES 28
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: Yet another day of rubbish service

There are a lot of us who would disagree with you.  I generally get an excellent service from PN.
Have you raised a ticket about your problems?
Hadenoughofthis

No need to raise a ticket - for the second time within a month my service has been abysmal, and on both occasions upon phoning plusnet there was a recorded message saying they are aware that some customers are having "problems".
jim:quote
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

We are all suffering today there's been a major issue in the Network. Please see the Service Status, and Announcement board as well the thread about DNS servers on the Broadband board. It's not like this all the time I can assure you.
Hadenoughofthis

Twice within a month is one more than I'm prepared to tolerate or write off as being one of those things.  There have also been a number of similar problems within the past year (including one on tax return deadline day if my memory serves). Perhaps I should start keeping a log  Angry
Talk talks customer service was very poor, but at least my internet connection was "reliable"............ so I'll be saying bye bye Plusnet as soon as my contract period is up.
Anotherone
Champion

So all other providers are absolutely perfect at all times are they? I doubt you'd be saying that about TalkTalk if you'd had some obscure line problem. Just look around the Internet, they all have problems from time to time.
So what exactly was the problem you had the first time in the month?
ossettbob
Grafter

I have just enquired about going onto unlimited broadband. On the same day as I was going change, I have had no internet for about 4 hours !!!!!. Although Talktalk customer service was rubbish, I was never without internet in last 5 years. I have been with Plusnet for 2 months and have, so far, lost internet 4 times. Now, if I want to change, they want me to sign up to 18 month contract.. I have had problems with initial connection, loss of internet, "spurious usage" ( for which I still have had no explanation although this was promised ). How can Plusnet expect customers to be loyal ?????.
One really bad point is that wife wanted to do some internet shopping this afternoon. Guess what she said ?????????
Anotherone
Champion

That's what you call bad luck Bob, and you did have your fair share there, but apart from today you haven't had any problems since have you? I rarely have any problems whatsoever (touch wood) and I have to put up with a miserable 20CN connection. Usually the only times I've not had Internet is when there has been BT Network maintenance in the middle of the night and when there was a major BT Network outage across the country affecting virtually all ISP's and a hell of a lot of users everywhere. It was sometime ago that Plusnet has a Network problem like this (and as I said other ISP's are not immune)..
ossettbob
Grafter

Nope, I`ve had not problems since last problem today as I only got internet back at 7pm !!. You know that I have had probelms in past as you have replied to my posts. I only make a complaint when it is justified.
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

I was with TT for 2 years before moving to PN in November and regularly had outages (at least a weekly occurance) and when i had a fault on my line, trying to get them to do something about it was nigh on impossible.
Calls to their CS always resulted in them blaming a faulty router, and because i was out of contract wanting charge me £40 for a new one, or tieing me into a new contract.
No ISPs are perfect, but some are far worse than others, but TT are the lowest of the low as far as i'm concerned..
Anotherone
Champion

Seems a lot of others think that as well.
Bob, see the Announcement board thread on Routing Issues for some tips on specifying alternative DNS if you aren't up on that sort of thing.
BBNoMore

I am also regretting switching to PN as I have had no broadband for 3 weeks & 2 days now. Whenever I contact them it is always the same answer, they are waiting for their supplier to remove the Tag on the line. I currently have no idea when my service will be resumed, if ever!!
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I've been with PN since June, & on fibre since October. It's an A1 product & the customer service & technical support are absolutely superb. There have been a few problems today but they are well documented & everything has now settled down, at least at my home. Cheesy
If you want to endure a rubbish product with lousy customer support, try AOL/ Tal Talk. Cry
Boothby67

Hang on!  No explanation.  Do not start screaming!  Where is the fault?  What is the fault?  Is it YOU?  Is it BT?  Today has been bad for +net; these things happen.  Your computer days are 100% perfect?  I have been with Plusnet for over 5 years.  Have had problems, some caused by me.  Most caused by BT.  Minimal by +net.  If you have problems, or issues, explain them!
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: BBNoMore
I am also regretting switching to PN as I have had no broadband for 3 weeks & 2 days now. Whenever I contact them it is always the same answer, they are waiting for their supplier to remove the Tag on the line. I currently have no idea when my service will be resumed, if ever!!

Who have you moved from? Have you asked what the tag is, or who put it on and why?