cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes I know we gamers suck

thundercat71

Yes I know we gamers suck

It seems to be a waste of time posting this seeing numerous people are having the same problems.
Have you people ever read the trade descriptions act (yes my wife be one of them lawers... don't go there I dare mention divorce as I'll end up on the street making a living sucking corn dogs (yes I know thats an American saying too))
Now I do take it Plusnet has heard of the Trade Description Act?
What the 1968 Act does:
This Act makes it an offense if a trader –
a. Applies a false trade description to any goods; or
b. Supplies or offers to supply any goods to which a false trade description is applied; or
c. Makes certain kinds of false statement about the provision of any services, accommodation or facilities.
Now I'm paying for a Gaming service with prioritized traffic handling etc and less bandwidth, which I'm happy about but how does prioritized traffic = a ping of over 190 when a over a month ago it would be between 10-40 (depending of time of day). Now thats NOT a gaming package, its hardly even a basic Internet package, for gods sake I used to get better latency issues on a 56k modem back in the good old days. And yes I know a fair amount about latency etc working in IT and running at the moenmt 9 game servers from CS:S to L4D.
Now it  really is time to start fixing this problem or refunding people!
3 REPLIES 3
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Re: Yes I know we gamers suck

I cant fault my connection, albeit i had my first connection drop this morning  Cry
Yet the frequency of posts like this popping up are actually making me think about jumping ship before anything does go wrong, is the grass greener on the other side?
Has anyone switched to another provider and able to confirm their findings?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I'm quite happy with my gaming pings :).........certainly better than my aim Embarrassed
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
thundercat71

Well its good to see some people are still getting some sort of service, but I have to say I am 'considering' selling  my soul to a cable company (yes I know they are not great at providing great latency but far better than what I am getting now) or even transferring back to Zen internet or fast.co.uk after all its only 4 pound more a month and they are rock solid. BTW you looked up PlusNet on many review sites recently... satisfaction is falling faster than skydiver without a parachute.
I know some of the fault maybe outside of PlusNets control but it looks a little worrying that so many new subscribers are being encouraged in London (almost every tube station has an advert within it) and that is where most faults seem  to be at the moment.