cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong bill, no one on the phone, then cut off after 20 mins - plusnits or what?

plusnits

Wrong bill, no one on the phone, then cut off after 20 mins - plusnits or what?

Dear Plusnits,
This is not a great start, is it.  I sign up with you following a catalogue of absymal service from AOL/Talk Talk.  I am referred you by several satisfied customers - low standards evidently- and offered (in writing) a deal of £26.99 a month including landline, unlimited broadband and a router (delivery charge only).  I receive an upfront bill of £65 including a set up fee of £25 and various other monthly charges - totalling way more than the promised amount and including a random £4 for a phone service.  I ring your help line - a 20 minute wait promised at the beginning of the call.  Not good.  I wait 18 mins and 30 secs only to find the call cut off.  Marvellous. 
I've left a message on your support site - but get a hilarious promise that you'll respond in 35 hours.....  35 hours, is that for real???  I realise this is a stroppy message, but you can't believe the terrible service from AOL and I'd heard such good things about you.  Overcharging,making your customers wait more than 20 minutes to speak to you and then hanging up on them isn't a brilliant way to start.  Do show me you can do better than this. 
Please can other plusnit customers tell me i'm wrong? I so want to have a reliable broadband provider.....
2 REPLIES 2
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Wrong bill, no one on the phone, then cut off after 20 mins - plusnits or what?

This getting cut off after 18 or so minutes is clearly a bug in the system which I believe Plusnet are looking onto. Well I hope they are treating this with a high degree of urgency as there are a considerable number of customers complaining recently. I don't see a Service Status on this and clearly there should be!
As for the Billing problem, someone from the Digital Care Team (DCT) should pick this up in the morning for you, that does sound like an error.
Was that quote for Fibre or normal ADSL2+ and when does your service start? The £4 sounds like that's for Talk Anytime.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Wrong bill, no one on the phone, then cut off after 20 mins - plusnits or what?

Hi plusnits,
Sorry to hear of you dissatisfaction, I've had a look through your account and can see that you've been incorrectly charged for the setup fee £25 we've had problem 73987. I can see that the direct debit has been processed for this and once this has cleared I will process a refund for this.
The talk package charge of £4 if for Talk Anytime, this looks like what was chosen when you signed up, if you done want this then we can change it to Talk Evenings & Weekends which is charges as part of you standard line rental.
Sorry about the cut-off call too, this is something we're currently investigating. If this happens please let me know and I'll be sure to make sure we call you back. Unfortunately the wait times have been higher over the last couple of weeks due to an increased volume of calls to our support centre, this is also something we're working on and hopefully you'll see an improvement there.
Chris