cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow Plusnet Assist! What a help it is! + Word of Warning

zedingrove
Grafter

Wow Plusnet Assist! What a help it is! + Word of Warning

Have started this thread as I was going to reply to post re: launch of Plusnet Assist, when I got a warning telling me that last reply was 180 days ago and consider starting a new thread.

Really Plusnet Assist I would be lost with out, only the other day when I was trying to connect for the 1st time PA opened up to inform me that I do not have an internet connection. "Really! Go on pull the other leg." (now the next part is from memory so not 100% accurate in wording only in actions. Window popped up asking me did I need help selected yes, then two options - select if your internet light is green or flashing green otherwise select ???? meaning the other button, so I selected the other button which opened another window asking me if I found PA to of been helpful to me???
What a joke, more so was the diag program, have just tried to open to refresh memory on running diags, and tells me that my current version is out of date and have to update before carrying on. Word of WARNING this is ILLEGAL. Point of law: A person or persons can not be forced into something if they don't want to even if it were detrimental to their persons.  So if I decline to update something thats my choice to make and not yours!
2 REPLIES 2
dsw
Grafter

Re: Wow Plusnet Assist! What a help it is! + Word of Warning

Not sure I agree. The version you're running is no longer supported and therefore you choose to either update, or don't use it. You aren't being forced to do it. The choice is yours. I'm not quite sure how the program you're on about works but if it reports back the data to an online service then maybe the architecture of that has changed meaning the program has had to be updated etc.
There's a few things out there that do this. And it seems very reasonable to ask that you run the latest version or don't use it. It's not as if you've paid for the program and are now being told you need to pay another £X pounds to get the new version.
David_W
Rising Star

Re: Wow Plusnet Assist! What a help it is! + Word of Warning

I'd like to point out that it's not illegal to ask you to update to continue using features of a product.  I have a PS Vita and a game I can't mention as it's Beta with an NDA, to play online in the first place I am required to update my Vita to the latest mandatory firmware, no update, no online features (or installing of games which require later firmware), to play the NDA game I also have to update to the latest non-mandatory firmware for some reason, if I don't update, I can't play the game.  Then we get into the realm of other software, mainly MMORPG's which require updates in software to continue playing, even though you're paying up to £15 a month to use the software and the service.