Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would like to stay but can't contact Plusnet

FIXED
dasym
Hooked

Would like to stay but can't contact Plusnet

Current contract ends on 29th February. You're supposed to get in touch with end of contract options and account review but you haven't. I have quotations from other providers that would provide the same service for less than I'm paying you just now per month. It's difficult to tell but I believe my monthly payment to you would jump by about £10 if I do nothing.

I've tried phone you, but a 20 minute wait is not acceptable. I've searched your site for a way to raise an online ticket but can find nothing. Your online chat says it's unavailable no matter what browser I use, even with all ads allowed and no pop-up blocker.

Please reply with the options as I would like to continue as a customer.

7 REPLIES 7
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Would like to stay but can't contact Plusnet

Plusnet have recently discontinued Live Chat and there is no way to raise a ticket (a decision made by Plusnet some time ago when Live Chat was introduced as the way forward). So the contact options are the telephone with the attendant waiting time;  these Forums where a staff member should pick up your post; Twitter or Facebook, assuming you use them.

As I said, hopefully a Plusnet staff member will pick this up or you could PM one who is on line - you can spot them at the bottom of this page:

https://community.plus.net/

dasym
Hooked

Thanks for confirming that.

That's very disappointing - Plusnet had good support when I started with the,  I may end up switching to another provider at the end of the contract. Anyone got any recommendations for better customer support? 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for your post @dasym

I'm sorry to see you're having issues contacting us to discuss a new deal. I'd recommend calling our  customer options team on 0800 013 2632 as they're the best guys for this and there's generally very little wait time to get through to them.

Alternatively if you can PM me a good contact number to get you on and a rough time-frame when you'll be free for a call, I'll be happy to arrange for somebody to call you back. Smiley

With regards to an automatic account review, did you start your contract before or after the 8th August 2018? That's when we started offering fixed price contracts and account reviews. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@dasym said...

I've tried phone you, but a 20 minute wait is not acceptable.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@shutter They didn't say which phone number. Wink Generally customer options have shorter waits than customer services/tech support although I've seen it the other way around on many occasions. I've also offered a call back should the wait still be too long for them.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dasym
Hooked

@Gandalf Thanks for getting back to me. That number worked! And I got a very helpful lady who has sorted it all out. Confidence restored 😀

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the post back @dasym

Excellent I'm happy to see that! Cheesy

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet