cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would PN please consider something like this in the future ??

Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Would PN please consider something like this in the future ??

Exactly my point.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If responses to tickets were done in a timely manner, and tickets had different priority queues then I don't see why these questions would arise. Availability for appointments and bookings should be in a high priority queue or pool, dealt with in a matter of a couple of hours.
Or have Plusnet abandoned the different ticket pools that used to exist?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: Anotherone
...and tickets had different priority queues then I don't see why these questions would arise. Availability for appointments and bookings should be in a high priority queue or pool,

This is what we actually do. But resource unfortunately hits all ticket pools from 4 hours to 72. Ideally, more resource would nip this issue in the bud.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The trouble is that CSC say an engineer is needed during the day when the user is at work. The user doesn't respond until late evening with three possible dates. That doesn't get picked up until the next day by which time the possible slots are not available and round the loop you go again.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AndyH
Grafter

It's a much better system when an end user can run an online fault diagnosis (that can check and identify a fault) and then enable the end user to have access to the appointment book.
The current Plusnet system just does not work - we've seen examples where clear faults have taken a week for Plusnet to pick up the ticket, ask availability for an engineer, end user comes back etc. This means the end user has an unnecessary delay in getting an engineer visit.
With an online system (like BT Retail's), it takes about 10 mins to check for a fault and then book an engineer based on the time you want.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: AndyH
It's a much better system when an end user can run an online fault diagnosis (that can check and identify a fault) and then enable the end user to have access to the appointment book.

I think a problem, as it stands, is that we don't have the facility to do this. The CP has to check for faults. In a perfect world, I would really like ourselves to have this as an option.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

My guess is that BT Retail have used the money they save by Using an Indian call centre to pay for the automated system  Wink
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra