cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would PN please consider something like this in the future ??

TORPC
Grafter

Would PN please consider something like this in the future ??

It is relation to Engineers appointments to which the end user has full interaction with
See http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/guided-assist/engineer-appointment
where one can check that status of the Engineers appointment in their Account

& Announcments on the website itself
21 REPLIES 21
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Would PN please consider something like this in the future ??

TORPC
Grafter

Not all customers will know about Usertools like us seasoned members do
& they would not necessarily search for usertools or Archive to lookup the latest information
Then again, why should they have to search, in the 1st instance
Iv'e not long come from a client that refuses point blank to have a landline when the did they had no end of telemarketers calling @ all hours & despite advising them to have a spare one for testing & they have mobiles but not free to call the 0800 number etc to find out that a MSO or similar is affecting them, prior to making calls that cost to support, for what could be affecting most as opposed to one single connection,
Thankfully it was their ageing router that had gone faulty in this instance & they are now back up & running
& they are not alone when not wanting to use a landline
AndyH
Grafter

TORPC
Grafter

You seem to be missing the point entirely
Us seasoned customers of PN know where to look
New customers DO NOT know where to look as not everything is as transparent & easy to find / locate as it should be
Example: The Service Status Message Line (0800 917 6714), has been reported as being only on one page found to date (apart from the recent visibility being made within the forum thread(s) / post(s))
If the likes of a MSO that we have encountered 3 times in recent Month(s) is shown as an Announcement banner on the website aswell as all the other avenue(s), then that would help & most likely reduce, inbound calls to support & the CR, plus can help the call times to start getting back down to a normal a timeframe as is possible.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

A question
Given that the first stage of an engineer callout with Talk Talk is a Talk Talk Engineer not a BT Openreach one could the opening screen shots be in reference to a Talk Talk Engineer
TORPC
Grafter

It looks like that will depend on what they find after completeing checks Wink

AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: TORPC
You seem to be missing the point entirely
Us seasoned customers of PN know where to look
New customers DO NOT know where to look as not everything is as transparent & easy to find / locate as it should be

New customers will know the delays because the engineer appointments will be booked up further in advance than usual.
I think most people with common sense will realise that severe weather leads to utility repair delays.
TORPC
Grafter

Andy you have completely missed my point, as such i'll now leave this for PN's input
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

not sure what your point is.. there are reasonably accessible pages to indicate MBORC delays etc.
as Jim pointed out it could be a TT engineer and if it's not then we all know BT OR engineers are a law unto themselves so could be utterly pointless...
also if PN allow you to directly book engineers without going through all the fault checks with them you're more likely to be liable for the engineers fee if no fault fount.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Cruise85
Grafter

Hi All
In regards to the appointment booking online, as practical as this seems, and easy to use, I honestly don't believe that this would be the best option.
From my experience in tech support, you actually find that most customers who call in automatically expect an engineers visit to fix any issue that they may have. In support we obviously diagnose the problems to ensure that anything that isn't an actual Openreach fault can be resolved.
However, if we were to give customers the ability to book engineers themselves, there is no way in which we could filter these out. This would then lead to more engineers being booked, leading to delayed appointments for those in need of an engineer.
The issue regards to the charges for an engineer may also cause a major issue, as currently we state that if the issue is found to be with your own equipment, then you may be liable for a charge of £99. Now as a member of the customer relations team, I can already predict the number of complaint we would receive in regards to these charges because the tests were not completed for example.
As such, as practical as it may seem, the repercussions of having such an option could be problematic
Regards
Matt
AndyH
Grafter

Some faults though are quite clear cut - particularly those not at an end user's property.
BT Retail's fault system shows the following:

I imagine Plusnet have access to the same fault tools which can detect which part of the network a fault lies.
Obviously if the fault is showing at an end user's property, then they can be warned that the fault might be chargeable.
SharonBrown
Grafter

Smiley  Hi AndyH
Many thanks for your feedback and for bringing that to my attention.  I confess it's the first time I've seen it so I have passed that on to my team leader to make sure that it is brought to the attention of the right people.
Warm regards
Sharon
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@ Matt Cruise
Surely the on-line booking of an engineer appointment would only be practical after the initial diagnostics had failed to find a definite fault, so engineer is the only option to progress the user's issue, or indeed when a definite fault has been found that requires site attendance by an engineer.
An on-line appointment should only be offered at that stage in the diagnostics process where there is no other option other than cancelling the fault.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What might work is if at the point of Plusnet asking for availability times for an engineer's appointment the user was given access to book a single appointment.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)