cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst service of any company in my 74 years experience.

FIXED
acd696

1/12/2020 Signed up with plusnet to take over supply of my broadband and phone line.

Same day my previous supplier confirmed that they had been contacted by plusnet and would end their service 15/12/2020.

Nothing happened on 15th and eventually I contacted plusnet who immediately blamed my previous supplier for failing to respond to contact. (Not true) Some days later my previous supplier cut my broadband and phone line.

24/12/2020 Plusnet admitted that it was not the fault of my previous supplier that had caused me to lose my service and I would probably lose the phone number which had been with my current address for 40 Years. (Sincere apologies and an offer to reimburse me for data charges I would incur on my mobile.)

All through Christmas and New Year no broadband or phone.

After firstly confirming that a router “should” be delivered before 6/1/2021, when I insisted they check, they admitted that nothing had been ordered so they would get one on order.

6/1/2021 Telephone service started with a new number, but could not connect to broadband whatever I tried.

7/1/2021 Contacted plusnet who tested my connections and discovered that the router had not been set up correctly “at their end” and they made adjustments and apologised.

Since the new telephone started they have reputedly placed several orders and contacted open reach several times to recover my previous number. The projected dates have come and gone without any fix. Many of the promised ‘follow ups’ have not happened and the original question ticket is still open from 24/12/2020 without a resolution.

In view of the length of time it has taken to supply any kind of service, the time I was without any service during Christmas & New Year, the loss of my 40 year old telephone number, the amount of time I have wasted on several calls to Customer Services and the promises of follow ups which have not happened, Plusnet have offered to credit 1 month free broadband “as a goodwill gesture.”

I have just found out that the ‘free month’ does not include line rent so the sum total of the offer is £1.70

Is this the kind of company you would sign up with ?

7 REPLIES 7
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Worst service of any company in my 74 years experience.

You should perhaps have done some research beforehand, including this FORUM by searching for "Customer Service"!
acd696

Agreed.  I’ve posted my review so others don’t do the same.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @acd696 

I'm really sorry for the issues you've had with your transfer to us. Having reviewed this the order we placed to takeover your line got stuck in the supplier systems due to a delay with bringing your landline number across, which meant that our services didn't activate on the day we told your previous provider to stop their service.

We then replaced an order to get you back up and running and due to engineer availability this committed for the 6th although I'm sorry to see you weren't able to connect to the internet when the engineer carried out the work then and you had to chase us up the following day to complete some remote configuration work.

I do sincerely apologise for the experience and downtime you've had especially at possibly almost the worst time of year. 

Looking at bringing your landline number across, I can see the 'rangeholder' is BT so it should be relatively easy for us to get but for one reason or another, the renumber order we've placed is stuck. I've escalated this with Openreach's migration services/number porting team and I'd expect a response back later today.

With regards to the goodwill gesture I can see when you contacted us via Twitter we applied an additional goodwill gesture and updated the ticket 209650458 on the 4th with the details. I'll be happy to review this further once we've got your number back and everything sorted if you're still not happy with the resolution we propose.

As soon as I know more I'll let you know via the support ticket on your account and I'll drop you an email as well. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@acd696 To post back I'm happy to confirm your landline number's been released and we've changed your phone number back to that at 16:45 yesterday. Can you confirm it's working now?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks for your time on the phone @acd696 it was good to speak with you.

I'm happy to hear your phone number's working now. I'd like to sincerely apologise again for the issues we've had with your transfer and the worry we've caused. We've added the goodwill credit we've agreed upon which will go towards your next bill (I've updated your ticket 209650458 confirming the amount)

Let me know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
acd696

Happy to regain my number.

Special thanks to  Anoush Mortazavi for updating me and contacting me to confirm the fix.

acd696

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for the feedback @acd696 

No problem at all, let me know if you need further help.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet