cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst customer service I have ever had!

tinsleyd

Worst customer service I have ever had!

Trying to change to plusnet fibre is one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made! 

I've spent hours on the phone and live chat due to plusnet connecting the wrong cabinet. When they finally turned off the incorrect cabinet they now say that the new cabinet is full!!!! 

So I have been without internet for weeks, spent countless time trying to fix it and now the only solution the can offer is 'Sorry' we can turn ADSL back on! WHICH I HAD 3 WEEKS AGO WITH BT!!!! 

I cant tell enough people to stay away from plusnet! every other company offers some form of compensation or fix to the issue but NOT PLUSNET! 

The last webchat lasted 3.5hours!!!! 

11 REPLIES 11
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Worst customer service I have ever had!

unfortunately the problem has been caused by openreach, and not plusnet.
the cabinet issue would have happened no matter which ISP you chose, as it was the openreach engineer that made the mistake whilst doing the work on the line.
tinsleyd

It doesn't matter who plusnet wants to blame! As the end customer I have been left without internet for weeks and no one at plusnet checked the new cabinet for availability before 'promising' me it would be sorted! 

Every step of the way they have said that I just had to wait a 'little' longer and it would be sorted!!! 

What ever way you look at it and who ever you want to blame it is only the customer who has suffered!! plusnet do not care at all. Even if it would of happened with other companies, i'm sure there customer service would of been better because it couldn't be any worse. 

There is just no excuse for a 3hr 30min chat time!

chenks76
All Star

yes the communication is poor, but openreach has caused the failure.
plusnet don't actually do the physical work of connecting, it's openreach.

i'm sure other ISPs may have been better at communicating.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Whilst I agree with your underlying argument @chenks76  it is important to point out that end User is purchasing a service from Plusnet and has no interface directly with Openreach.  Plusnet has elected to sub-contract the physical network service to Openreach and with that, the responsibility to manage their sub-contractors delivery performance.  

It is in the management of this supplier interface that Plusnet currently has a very poor track record.  OK.  So others in the industry also suffer because of Openreach's recognised failings in service delivery, but Plusnet needs to improve its supplier management if it to deliver on its "We'll do you proud" claim.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chenks76
All Star

plusnet has no choice in who does the work, it can only ever be openreach.
openreach aren't a sub-contractor, they are the owner of the network.

i agreed that plusnets failings have been, and always will be, in the communication.
but plusnet can't be blamed for an openreach engineer making a mistake at the cabinet.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I think you are 'weaseling' just a bit here @chenks76 Wink

It's true to say that having elected to purchase / sub-contract the Plusnet network infrastructure solely from BT then (currently) only BT Openreach (including their sub-contracts) can work on the connections.

Nothing in my earlier response attempted to blame Plusnet for the Openreach engineer's mistake, more that Plusnet do own the ongoing responsibility to recover the consequences of the mistake and deliver on their contractual committment to the end User.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chenks76
All Star

no weaselling at all.
plusnets customer service is dire, there's no argument from me.
tinsleyd

Unfortunately non of the logistics matter to the customer. The customer just signs the 12 month contract, puts up the money for the router etc. and they should be given the service on the stated date. 

Trying to blame another company means nothing but frustration for the customer. Saying it's someone else fault just doesn't wash. 

Basically whats going to happen is after 3 weeks with no internet I will eventually be put back on ADSL which I had with BT before changing to plusnet. 

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

@MauriceC As this is fibre (FTTC) we are discussing there is no option for any other supplier than BT Openreach to carry out the work

This would be the same for all the ISP's including LLU and suggesting otherwise isn't helpful

tinsleyd

It seems like since Plusnet are just going to blame Openreach all their customers may as well just go with BT. Then there is no one else to blame and therefore the customer would get the best service possible. 

chenks76
All Star

BT the ISP is not the same as BT openreach.
Plusnet is owned by BT, but is not the same as BT retail or BT openreach.