cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst customer service I have ever experienced

iangcraig

Worst customer service I have ever experienced

I signed up with Plusnet about a month ago - what a mistake!  The sales girl promised me a phone within 3 working days and 8Mb/s broadband 5 days after that.  Neither of these deadlines were met.  On calling to complain, I was told that  - 'if I didn't like it, I should [mremoved] off' !  My 'broadband' was eventually activated - but instead of the promised 8Mb/s (lowered to 5Mb/s on a subsequent email),  I am getting about 100kb/s!  My subseqent complaints have been met, not with sympathy or understanding, but with a rather aggressive stance - as if it was my fault!  No one really seems to care about the fact that I am paying for a service that I am not getting!
I have also been told that I cannot cancel my contract with them without paying hefty cancellation charges.
I really feel that I have been well and truly 'conned' by a disreputable company.
I will, of course, be writing to the OFT and other comsumer bodies to voice my dissatisfaction to them.
jim:red swear filter avoidance mod:end
4 REPLIES 4
pmcpaul

Re: Worst customer service I have ever experienced

I have been informed you have already discussed this issue with one of the managers here today. I can confirm this issue is at hand and he is personally monitoring the situation for you.
I appreciate your patience, and the manager will be in touch on Wednesday to see how you get on with the new router.

Kind Regards,
Paul Caunt
Plusnet Customer Support
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

How unfortunate you should have had such a bad experience. We've heard of one or two people being treated in this manner recently and it's just not good enough, nor is what most people have experienced.
I'm sure that when one the the PN Comms team see this they will fully investigate what's happened and ensure that whoever you've been speaking to prior to one of the managers, is suitably educated.
If you migrated into PN with a MAC, you can give 10 days notice and migrate out with a MAC and the only deferred costs you may be liable for would be a modem/router if you took one. If this is a new broadband connection then you would also be liable for the Connection fee (as you would be with most ISP's if you only stayed a short while). If you cancel your broadband without migrating to another provider then you are also liable for a Cessation charge. (These latter two costs are because of charges imposed by BTw/OpenReach and cannot be avoided by any ISP).
A standard ADSL broadband connection is described as Upto 8M, because the actual speed you can get depends on your distance from the exchange. I can only deduce from the PN post above that you may have a modem/router that is faulty, but it would be interesting to know what the suspect modem/router was that you've been using. Let's hope that your problem is readily solved.
Nick

Ian,
Really sorry to hear of the problems you have had so far with your Plusnet connection, we certainly haven't delivered the high level of service we aspire to.
The lead times you were quoted were correct but unfortunately a system problem caused a 5 day delay in the order process.
Regards your slow speeds, it seems both ourselves and our wholesale supplier have carried out fairly extensive diagnostics but have been unable to establish why this is happening. I can see that my colleague has arranged for a test router to be sent out so maybe this will identify a problem with your current device - Lee, the duty manager, will keep in touch with you either way.
In terms of the way you have been spoken to - this is absolutely not acceptable under any circumstances and I'm very sorry for the offence this has caused. I'd like to discuss this further but been unable to get through - I'll call you again tomorrow, but in the meantime feel free to drop me a message with a preferred contact date/time.
Regards,
Nick Dodds
Operations Manager
adheelios
Grafter

Hi Ian,
Again thanks for taking the time to speak to me tonight.

As discussed the connection is currently looking a lot better and the slow speeds were being caused by a dropping broadband connection. The connection is currently a lot more stable since earlier this week and the line stats (the sync speeds and line profile I explained about) are also a lot better.

I'll continue to keep you updated, thanks for giving a chance to try and resolve this.