cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst company and customer service I have ever experienced

marwaelmasri

Worst company and customer service I have ever experienced

They ceased my phone line without informing me! Another company was trying to take over my landline and no one informed me (apparently the ''automated system'' failed so i did not get notified and neither did they so that company was just allowed to steal my number).

After waiting for half an hour for someone to pick up the phone, they said that the particular department I had to speak with was closed so they would give me a call the next day morning/afternoon.

The next day no one called.

I phoned them to see what was happening and after half an hour I finally got to speak to someone. That person transferred me to another department (who picked up after half an hour). This person then decided to transfer me to department number 3. Before this happens, I ask ''am I going to be on hold for half an hour?''

He says ''no, just 2 minutes''

Half an hour later person in department number 3 picks up. This person transfers me to department number 4 (is anyone at plusnet competent enough to deal with something them self or know what they are doing?)

Department number 4:

I have to explain AGAIN that my phone line was ceased without my consent and my broadband was cancelled and give my username and password AGAIN.

this person tells me that I have to pay a fee to re-setup my account.............REALLY???????

WHY SHOULD I PAY A FEE BECAUSE THE ''AUTOMATED SYSTEM'' FAILED AND PLUSNET LET ANOTHER COMPANY STEAL MY NUMBER????Huh

DONT SIGN UP WITH PLUSNET FOR ANYTHING UNLESS YOU REALLY ENJOY 2 HOUR PHONE CALLS OF BEING ON HOLD AND BEING TRANSFERRED TO DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS BECAUSE NO ONE ACTUALLY KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING OR WILL FORCE YOU TO PAY FOR THINGS THAT PLUSNET SCREWED UP.

4 REPLIES 4
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Worst company and customer service I have ever experienced

Hi @marwaelmasri,

I'm really sorry to hear that your service was slammed by another provider and we completely understand your frustration regarding this. Apologies for the long wait times you have experienced.

However, on fully investigating your account I can see we did notify you of this here we're really sorry if you didn't receive this.

An attempt was made to cancel this request which was accepted by our suppliers but for some reason still went through.

If your line is slammed erroneously we do have to sign customers up to a new account. This actually allows you to have a new customer deal although your services have to be reactivated/taken over from the 3rd party provider.

We're genuinely sorry that you have no service but we need to know how you would like to proceed. If you would like to leave for another provider or stay with us and receive a new customer deal you need to speak directly with the House Moves department as they specifically deal with these sort of issues.

0800 328 4625

8am - 8pm Monday to Friday  
9am - 7pm Saturday  
9am - 6pm Sunday 

I hope this information helps and should you need us please feel free to give us a shout as we are more than happy to help.

Thank you.

marwaelmasri

Notifying me on the day that the cease happened does not really count as notifying me because there was nothing I could do about it.
I'm going to proceed by leaving Plusnet.
marwaelmasri

The first time the phone takeover was attempted was in september and I called plusnet and told them that this number is mine and dont give it to anyone else.

The second time - I was notified on the day it happened - you cannot call this notifying me.

I want to cancel my contract - Am i supposed to again spend hours on the phone to try and do this?

I am also not paying any cancellation fees because this whole thing is a ridiculous mess.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @marwaelmasri

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you have had.

If you do indeed wish to cancel your contract, then I would advise getting in contact with our Customer Options team regrading this as they are the department who can provide all relevant  information regarding your account closure.

I can not comment on the payment of any Termination Fee's as this is not within my remit, sorry about that.

Telephone number:
0800 013 2632 or 0330 123 9197 (Both free from a Plusnet Landline)

Opening Times:
08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday
09:00 - 19:00 Saturday
09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

Kind Regards, 

MoR