cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worried!!

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Worried!!

And the BT group have some weird projects, this one is currently (punny) upsetting the ancient town of Clare just is Suffolk http://www.btplc.com/Responsiblebusiness/Protectingourenvironment/Windforchangeproject/Windfarmlocat...
Devonian
Grafter

Thank you for clarifying that Mand, it certainly puts my mind at rest.
Pierre... what a strange thing for BT to be doing...
pierre_pierre
Grafter

this comment is of the front page of that section
BT is one of the UK’s biggest consumers of electricity - approximately 0.7% of the UK’s total consumption - and is currently one of country’s largest purchasers of green electricity.
In 2007 we announced plans to develop our own wind-farms. BT Wind for Change is the UK’s biggest corporate wind power project outside the energy sector. We intend to produce 250 Megawatts (MW) of renewable electricity by 2016 (equivalent to around 25% of our current needs). We have identified more than 20 prospective sites with a variety of generation capacities.
BT Wind for Change is an important, high profile initiative within the wider work of BT’s Energy and Carbon Unit.
Devonian
Grafter

So not only do BT happily annoy customers with poor service and the worst customer service offered by any company, they are also looking to upset non-customers also by spoiling the landscape with massive turbines, so they can make even more profit!!!
TicnTac
Grafter

Adam walkers bad taste for music.  Grabs coat!

Shocked
..........I'm telling!  Wink
I thought BT had a 70 something percent stake hold in Plusnet, and hence Plusnet is left to govern and manage itself (albeit with an iron rod being waved at it from BT  Grin ) ?? Or have things changed? Has BT been swallowed by the bigger fish?  Undecided
I'll have to admit as a new customers, we too were worried about the BT influence over PN, apart from CEO's and poor infrastructure, it's pretty much the same as any other ISP, apart from Plusnet has managed to put the most bizarre team of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable yet colourful characters on here to help Smiley You don't get that with BT or anywhere else!  Grin
I think folks on here have to admit, any short comings can quickly be forgiven (even if they last over a year  Roll_eyes ) due to the team, staff, and the forum folk?  Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

BT Retail do have a 70% stake in Plusnet - they also own the other 30%! Grin
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Adam walkers bad taste for music.  Grabs coat!

Wink I don't know what's worse having a bad taste in music or a bad taste for music Smiley
I might start writing some songs about the threads in these forums Smiley TicNTac you're first.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Devonian
Grafter

If you guys saw the cd charger in my car, Id be shot!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

We'll I'm sure there are some items in my music collection that no-one would expect to find there Smiley
Glad things have worked out for you Devonian
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team