Did you mean: 

WoW no wonder you changed your slogan

Disappointed1
Hooked

WoW no wonder you changed your slogan

Dear plusnet community

I am not sure if you saw my post regarding my previous house move

Well, I just tried to do another house move

After being mislead regarding fees for a house move, I spoke to retention department

Very helpful gentleman advises me, no fees required

Made complaint and got discounted for 2 months broadband on my new 12 month contract (reason why fees were not required was because I was signing up to a new 12 month contract)

Advised I would hear from Plusnet with update on 11/12/2020

No update

Called plusnet 12/12/2020

Spent 35 mins listening to music after selecting 'existing order' option on 0800 number

Called back and selected option 4 'other'

Call was answered and put on hold for 25 minutes after explaining I was on hold for 25 minutes

Apparently order delayed due to 'BT open reach'

Not 'Plusnet's' fault

BT open reach need to do a survey because my property is a new build

Even though I have a brand new BT open reach telephone socket in my property

Enjoy your karaoke big man, yet again you haven't done me proud me I guess that's why you changed your slogan to 'that'll do'

Extremely disappointing, let down the good work done by retention department
7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: WoW no wonder you changed your slogan

BT open reach need to do a survey because my property is a new build

Even though I have a brand new BT open reach telephone socket in my property

Very likely. What happens with new builds is that the developer installs the sockets and some of the cabling. The problem is that until BT have surveyed and checked the install , the Openreach database doesn't have the information for the address. When an ISP places an order, the system determines whether the address is 'Gold key' or 'Silver key'. A Gold key address is where it appears on both the PostOfiice and Openreach database, thus Openreach know exactly whats required to connect the line and can schedule an engineer. A Silver key address means that Openreach need to survey to see what's required before they can schedule an engineer. New builds tend to be Silver key until either the developer sends detailed inforation to Openreach or Openreach survey the site.

Problem is that all PlusNet ( or any other ISP ) can do is to attempt to place an order, its then down to Openreach to schedule the survey and engineer and I'm afraid Openreach don't do anything in a hurry!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Disappointed1
Hooked

Hi MisterW

It seems strange that BT installed the 'Master Socket C openreach' themselves

Why would they need to do a survey or check the install

Seems Plusnet are similar in that they don't do anything in a hurry, specifically answering phone calls

Plusnet also making promises to update customers and not keeping them, just ignored

But I guess 'that'll do'

Awful experience
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Seems Plusnet are similar in that they don't do anything in a hurry, specifically answering phone calls 

Plusnet also making promises to update customers and not keeping them, just ignored

Yes, both of those are not good at the moment, how much of that is down to Covid I'm not sure. I'm just a customer like yourself so have no more insight as to how support is working at the moment.

It seems strange that BT installed the 'Master Socket C openreach' themselves

It may well have a BT Openreach logo, but that doesn't mean BT installed it. Usually they are supplied to the developer for them to install during 2nd fix. Even if BT did somehow install it, if the database hasn't been updated and the address is still 'Silver key' then Openreach's systems will require a survey.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Disappointed1, thanks for your time on the phone. As discussed, you will receive further updates tomorrow when we know more.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Disappointed1
Hooked

So community

Got an update on Friday just gone from Plusnet

Advised BT apparently need to complete ducting work??? I need to wait until 23/12/2020 for another update?

Saw BT engineer on Saturday and Sunday working all day connecting cables to exchange

BT checked my telephone line socket using oscillating device

Assured me I was connected to the exchange

Rang Plusnet this morning

Same poor level of customer service, agent speaking over me interrupting and argumentative and adversarial

Just wanted them to check if the system had been updated to show I was connected to the exchange, instead of waiting until 23/12/2020

According to Plusnet it's not as easy to check if I am connected as I might think???

I just wanted broadband for Xmas so I can contact my mother in a care home as I'm not allowed to visit due to corona virus

Enjoy your karaoke again big man, you certainly have not done me proud and your new slogan suits your low level of customer service

But hey, I guess that'll do

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for your post @Disappointed1

I've chased this up for you and updated your open ticket

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your time on the phone @Disappointed1 

I'm sorry for the delay with your order. I've picked this up on behalf of Lauren and Matt while they're out of the office today. I've chased this up with our suppliers and the adviser's run a line test which are showing a fault still.

This means that the updates we've been getting from our suppliers that further cabling work's needed would be correct. We should know more on 29/12/20 and we'll provide an update as soon as we do.

I do once again sincerely apologise for the delay and we'll make sure we do everything we can to get you up and running as soon as possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet