Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withernsea, East Coast Internet issues

StephenF
Grafter

Withernsea, East Coast Internet issues

Hi
I'm fairly certain that BT is causing these issues, but as anybody who has ever called BT knows, it takes about 4000 years and the patience of Michael Jackson stood outside a nursery to be able to get through to them, and find out what you need!
Some of my friends in Withernsea (2 of them plusnet customers, and a few others are different ISP's) are getting constant loss of connection last night and this morning, I was wondering if plusnet can elaborate on the issue at all
Has BT acknowledged the problem and are they working on it? Is there an ETA on the fix?
Thank you very much!
25 REPLIES 25
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Withernsea, East Coast Internet issues

Yep, there's an issue with an MSAN in Watton and something else wrong in Leconfield that's affecting numbers starting 01964 at the moment. ETA for a fix is currently 4pm with an update due at 3:30, we'll let you know.
Hope that helps,
StephenF
Grafter

Thanks a lot for your help!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Bad news I'm afraid, the ETA for a fix has been moved on to 11pm. Latest is a part has been ordered which is expected to arrive at approximately 6:10pm.
StephenF
Grafter

Thanks for the update, it's appreciated  Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries - the work was closed off at 00:40 as complete, so hopefully everything's working again. Please let us know if not though if that's the case it'll likely be down to individual line faults.
StephenF
Grafter

all fixed! i know this is a bit off topic but me and my fiancée are moving house next month, i am wanting to keep the same package as i already have (plusnet unlimited + max premium). is this feasible? i know you can't purchase it any more but i do not want to lose unlimited, i don't do limits!
thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Shouldn't be a problem, if you click the 'move my broadband' link near the top of the page in the portal and call the number given there one of our agents will sort it all out for you Smiley
StephenF
Grafter

Thanks for that, also sorry for the persistent questions but when we move we also would like to change our phone line to plusnet, and i am wondering what the cost of that would be? cheers!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I guess it's an existent BT line, in which case transferring it in to us is free Smiley
StephenF
Grafter

sorry, to clarify, i mean monthly cost of it? its not (from what i can see) listed with a seperate price on the website, only with a broadband package. thanks again.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well if you go for evenings and weekends it'll be line rental (£11.99) plus the cost of any extra calls made. If you go for Anytime it's £5 on top of line rental for the call package but you get many more inclusive calls with that.
EDIT: Anytime is £3.50 rather than £5, sorry
StephenF
Grafter

Ok thats fantastic is there any chance i could arrange that to be added to my account when i move? i am also wondering if it is possible to have my internet activated in my new house for the day i move in? thanks. (move in on 25th july)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
All account changes are done at the end of the billing month Steve. Do mention this when you raise a ticket asking for the move and we'll make sure that gets done.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
StephenF
Grafter

does that mean we will not have internet access until the beginning of our billing month?