cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will email ever be sorted out???

emh

Will email ever be sorted out???

There seem to be a lot of Plusnet customers (judging from replies I have had) who are sick of the delays encountered using webmail, Plusnet does not seem particularly concerned and the service continues to vacillate between barely acceptable to wholly unacceptable. Come on Plusnet, live up to the claims you make in your advertising and the claim on your homepage "We believe that paying less shouldn't mean a compromise in service. "

You may not believe it, but it clearly means exactly that. If things do not improve by the end of the week, I will be leaving, happily paying more to avoid compromised service.

3 REPLIES 3
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Will email ever be sorted out???

I belive its on the FIX list Lips_are_sealed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I gave up on webmail quite soon after I joined as I found it really unreliable and slow. I found better results going directly to the mail servers through a mail client eg. Outlook, Thunderbird etc. Apart from a couple of slowdowns over the past week or so that's worked well for me. I chose to use IMAP rather than POP3 so that my mails remained on the server and travelled with me.

emh

Thanks for that woodm - I have used Thunderbird to pick up mail and yes, it is quick, I have an issue with Thunderbird sending outbound mail which I have not had time to sort out. Having been with Virgin for many years I got used to the ISPs email service working in a timely fashion, Plusnet does not appear to be interested.