cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I die of old age before I get connected to Plusnet ?

brucey034
Dabbler

Will I die of old age before I get connected to Plusnet ?

Hello all,
I am thinking of cancelling my Plusnet order.
My order went through on the 20th of May, the engineer was booked for the 4th of April.
I called Plusnet on the 3rd of April to explain that my router had not been delivered, no worries I was told, we will get one in the post to you today, while the guy was on the phone he informed me that for some unknown reason my order had been cancelled.
It's now over a month since I placed my order and every time I call  to find out what's happening no one is any the wiser.
Not really a good start and this situation is not inspiring my confidence in Plusnet.
32 REPLIES 32
shalom2010
Grafter

Re: Will I die of old age before I get connected to Plusnet ?

brucey034
Dabbler

Thanks for the link.
All ok apart from.
Activating your line.
Broadband orders typically take a week to complete, thats the only thing without a green tick.
dick:quote
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm assuming this is not a FTTC order. Have you plugged in the router and is the broadband light on solid?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
brucey034
Dabbler

Quote from: jelv
I'm assuming this is not a FTTC order. Have you plugged in the router and is the broadband light on solid?

Sorry should have said, yes its a FTTC order, trying to move from Sky LLU to Plusnet FTTC .
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

So what date is the engineer booked for now?
brucey034
Dabbler

He isn't, I am waiting for Plusnet/Open reach to sort it out, then the order needs to be placed again.
I find it funny that communication companies don't seem to communicate with each other.
dick:quote
jmd
Grafter

Well, I stayed with SKY, got date for engineer when placed order for FTTC and up and running after three weeks with excellent speed so not sure why PN take a lot longer to arrange engineers.
Was going to change back but decided to stay.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi brucey034,
Sorry to see that your order has been delayed, I've chased this up and we've raised an escalation with our suppliers. It does look like we're not going to be in a position to place the order until the 29th April though.
We've updated your ticket and will continue to update you via that channel.
If you have any questions or need anything chasing in the meantime please let me know.
Chris
brucey034
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply Chris, Sorry but I have now cancelled my order due to it taking far too long.
jim:quote
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well if Openretch are the fly in the ointment you won't do any better anywhere else, because unless you go to Virgin Media Cable everyone has no choice but to rely on Openretch.
Perhaps Chris can explain exactly why an order cannot be placed for another 4 days!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry to see that you've canceled your order and apologies regarding what drove you to that descision.
The physical routing on the line was not correct and a miss match of the records on our suppliers systems was holding this up. This is set to be rectified tomorrow but I didn't want to make a promise that the order could be placed tomorrow as when we attempt now our orders are rejected and our suppliers systems would need to update, which could mean that the order was not able to be placed until the 29th.
If there is anything I can do to help at all please let me know.
Chris
brucey034
Dabbler

Ok thanks Chris, all I want is a reliable fast broadband connection, I wish I knew earlier that it was being resolved tomorrow.
If I call Sky and cancel their order is it possible to get back on track with Plusnet ?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We'd have no problem getting back on track and I'd be more than happy to oversee this.
As your account is now in a cancelled state it would require a new account sign-up, this could be done either via online or through our sales team.
brucey034
Dabbler

Ok thanks, cancelling the Sky order now.