cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wife Can't Report Fault as not authorised!

Capvermell
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Wife Can't Report Fault as not authorised!

Quote from: Townman
In an earlier post I suggesed that this can be addressed by the service agent simply LISTENING to the caller and not disclosing any information at all.  The fault gets reported and progressed, DPA is not violated., everyone is happy.    Simples!

I totally agree with you Townsman.  That is also entirely my position on this matter.
Most outrageous is that if you aren't an "authorised user" on an account then Plusnet telephone staff won't even let you report a fault yet until 2 days ago I was always able to deal with Plusnet telephone staff as long as I had the account name and password and made it clear that I was a technical adviser of the account owner who had been given their user name and password for that very reason.
Now Plusnet come up with the "authorised user" nonsense but they didn't give the opportunity to create any "authorised users" when the account was set up online and nor are they currently shown in or can they be added in the online member portal.
Instead Plusnet are determined to add to their already disagraceful and appalling telephone support queues of half an hour plus and only add people as authorised users if they think they are talking to the actual paying customer (for which they add a voice gender test beyond just needing user name and password). I did not previously misrepresent myself as being the paying customer.  I simply said I was their relative who solved technical issues for them and had been given the username and password with their permission and there was no issue at all.  Now some paranoid lawyer of the most back covering kind joins the company and the whole situation becomes completely ridiculous with front line staff refusing to even put me through to a supervisor or escalations team to discuss their current "authorised user" policy.  I have emailed their Director of Customer Excellence or whatever he is called around 5pm yesterday but clearly he (and the other directors who were copied in) are all leading exponents of POETS day as there has simply been stony silence since sending my email.
Capvermell
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Wife Can't Report Fault as not authorised!

Quote from: Chris
Depending on the type of fault reported (phone faults, no engineer required) we do allow a fault to be raised. We can't provide information about the location of the fault, nor the address etc. Our internal policy states that 'other users may report a telephony fault if an engineer appointment is not required'.

I have tried contacting your support staff and told them there appears either to be a fault in the Plusnet TG582n router (since at one stage yesterday it was refusing to let one long established PC in the household connect to the internet even when rebooted but had no issue at all allowing another one to do so and the internet also keeps disconnecting on its own every few hours for two different laptops that are used here) or the BT VDSL modem or the line outside the house (but almost certainly does not involve the internal wiring in the house owned by the customer since we have a BT fitted filtered master faceplate so no VDSL signal carries beyond that point).
That is really the whole point as when a customer has FTTC or FTTP instead of ADSL/ADSL2+ the whole malarkey with the broadband fault potentially being due to filters in the customer's own sockets being broken, knocked out or not fitted at all or elsewhere in the internal extension wiring simply goes away and the fault is nearly always going to be Plusnet's or Openreach's liability.  Unfortunately Plusnet telephone support staff do not seem to have trained to understand the difference in potential liability or call out costs or lack of them between the various different types of broadband connection.
However your staff just play the "you are not an authorised user" card and cut me off (after a half hour wait to get through) whilst also completely ignoring my request to be connected to a supervisor or high level escalations team instead.