cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't Plusnet take payment upfront?

Surfer
Grafter

Why won't Plusnet take payment upfront?

As I was made redundant in order to mange my money and avoid bank charges I am avoiding DDs and SOs and paying a lot of minor stuff upfront.  At present my Plusnet subscription is up to date as it was paid a year in advance previously.  I now wish to pay the next six months up front but Plusnet refuse to take the payment insisting that I have to phone them every month or send a cheque every month.  Most organisations would be glad to be paid upfront, but Plusnet are the exception. 
The excuse is that I may exceed my 10GB limit and incur extra charges.  Hello they have an advance payment.  At present I don't even exceed 3GB never mind 10GB.  Unfortunately you cannot reason with someone in some far flung place whose understanding of English seems to be limited.  I am now looking around for a provider than allows you to pay upfront, has decent local customer service and is not linked to BT even though I may have to pay extra!
Any suggestions?
7 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Why won't Plusnet take payment upfront?

Hi @surfer  A question that has been asked several times in recent months. 
Perhaps this functionality will be reviewed whilst Plusnet are 'fixing' the current range of billing issues.
Maurice
Surfer
Grafter

Thanks for the reply.  In the meantime what do I do as i do not want to get cut off prior to changing to another supplier as I am really fed up with CS in general.  i don't want to set up a Dd or a SO and the wwebsite does nto allow you to make a payment like most other suppliers.  See my other posts regarding CS.  IMHO it appears that PlusNet do not want to retain customers especially those that wish to pay upfront.
N/A

As Maurice says, this has been discussed before - in excess of one year ago I would say. We even had a vote on it on the PUG website.
AFAIK they have facilitated this in special cases - I know of at least one (from a forum thread). I have also enquired about this but it was tactfully turned down.
At the time it might have been a bit tricky as my bill wasn't static due to being on Home Phone and my referral values but I only have BB now with no referral changes and it is always the same so would be OK to prepay if it was allowed.
I suppose that it would take quite a bit of input to set it up and whether it would be worth it for the few who would like to participate is a moot point. In the past there hasn't been any enthusiasm for the idea from Plusnet. I can't see that changing TBH because they seem to be much busier nowadays with new signups. However, will wait and see if we get a response.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 48

IDNet will let you pay 12 months in advance, and even give you a discount for so doing. They aren't the cheapest though but theire Customer Service is pretty good I believe.
http://www.idnet.net/solutions/home/broadband/
pierre_pierre
Grafter

one of my referrals is on BBYW2 in his second year and he pays yearly
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

I don't understand why one of the Comms team hasn't picked up this topic and sorted it - I'm sure they could!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mand
Grafter

Sorry, been a bit tied up this afternoon.
I can sort this for you, if you want to drop me a PM with a number to call you on I'll give you a call to discuss tomorrow.