Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why hasn't anything been posted in Plusnet News

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Why hasn't anything been posted in Plusnet News

For some reason , PN have decided to reduce upload speeds 😢
First they started with 2meg now they reduced 20mg to 10meg.
How long will it be before they reduce the 80/20 to 80/10 😕
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Luzern I'll get back to you.

@maranello @billnotben @rongtw 40/20 isn't provided on a wholesale level. It makes more sense for us to provide a product that is provided at a wholesale level. It's probably better to move 40/20 people to 55/10 as opposed to 40/10 as they then at least get an increase in download in exchange for the upload they're losing.

People that were moved from 40/20 to 40/2 were simply being moved to the product they signed up to. Granted a couple have been capped in error, but when these have been brought to our attention (and checked to confirm 40/20 is what was signed up for) we have corrected these.

@RobPN We do advise in the comms we've sent out that as this is a detrimental change, affected customers can leave without early termination fees.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@maranello @billnotben @rongtw 40/20 isn't provided on a wholesale level. It makes more sense for us to provide a product that is provided at a wholesale level.

So is 52/10 a wholesale product, and if so, will it be available as a new Plusnet product?

@RobPN We do advise in the comms we've sent out that as this is a detrimental change, affected customers can leave without early termination fees.

The line increase is a detrimental change, so will everyone still in contract who signed up to a fibre and phone package also be allowed to leave without termination charges?

My other car isn't a Ferrari
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Luzern - Ok, so your package is a bit of a niche scenario. You signed up to the package you're on now, prior to solus pricing being introduced. Although the package you're on does now have solus pricing of an additional £2.50 (Increasing to £3.50) you won't be affected by this unless you change package.

Some really old packages such as the 'broadband your way' packages never actually had the solus pricing added, so they would stay the same.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

This thread is getting way off topic here but...

@maranello wrote:

@maranello@billnotben@rongtw 40/20 isn't provided on a wholesale level. It makes more sense for us to provide a product that is provided at a wholesale level.

So is 52/10 a wholesale product, and if so, will it be available as a new Plusnet product?

55/10 is the wholesale product.

The line increase is a detrimental change, so will everyone still in contract who signed up to a fibre and phone package also be allowed to leave without termination charges?

Any affected customers will receive notification of the line rental increase and can leave without termination charges.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@HarryB wrote:

... does now have solus pricing of an additional £2.50 (Increasing to £3.50) you won't be affected by this unless you change package.

@HarryB Can you please point me to where it says the £2.50 payment for not having PN phone is increasing to £3.50, as I can't see any mention of it on the page I've been looking at ( https://www.plus.net/#priceChange2016 )

Presumably if the charge is going to increase and I was to upgrade from 40/20 to 80/20 after that date, that would count as a package change and I would be charged the higher rate? (I do not have PN phone)

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

In the FAQ.

What changes are you making to Broadband?

Unlimited Broadband only (broadband without home phone) will increase by £1 from £12.49 to £13.49 per month (otherwise from £19.99 to £20.99 per month for customers in non low-cost areas).

Apologies for any confusion, it shouldn't effect your fibre package, it's only the solus pricing on ADSL packages.

This would also apply to Value and Essentials (Solus) packages. Those two aren't mentioned in the FAQ as we no longer offer the packages, however the affected customers will be notified in their

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This is rather silly

A new customer signing up before the 1st Sept will have a get out of jail free card as it states - for example -

Unlimited Broadband when taken without Plusnet line rental

• With a 12 month contract: If you live in a low cost area it costs £12.49 a month. If you live outside one of these areas it costs £19.99 a month.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@HarryB wrote:

In the FAQ.

Unlimited Broadband only (broadband without home phone) will increase by £1 from £12.49 to £13.49 per month (otherwise from £19.99 to £20.99 per month for customers in non low-cost areas).

@HarryB Thanks for pointing that out - I'd only searched for '3.5' on the page.  Smiley

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

@HarryB wrote:

In the FAQ.

Apologies for any confusion, it shouldn't effect your fibre package, it's only the solus pricing on ADSL packages.

This would also apply to Value and Essentials (Solus) packages. Those two aren't mentioned in the FAQ as we no longer offer the packages, however the affected customers will be notified in their

This is academic, as ATM changing to fibre has low priority. Do I understand correctly that taking another ADSL package invokes Solus, thus making a change to fibre relatively less costly?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Comment from Kitz Forum is poster correct?

Prices are changing as well, but bizarrely from my quick read of the changes it does not look like PN are making the 55/10 package available to anyone except those on the old 40/20 package.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Yes.

The 55/10 (actually 52/9.4) is only for customers on the legacy 40/20 who are all being moved en-mass across to it on 1st August 2016.

It is not for sale to anyone.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Chris wrote:

TBH, that board is empty. I don't know what the intended use is for it, nor how it differs from Announcements. Looking back last year I can't see we posted in either of those boards about price changes either.

WHAT!!!!!! Ticked_off You just have to be joking, after all the discussion that took place on Staging about providing a post with the information, and a link to a discussion thread Angry

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Chris wrote:

I have made the suggestion that we remove/merge it with another board (maybe change Service Status to Service Status and Announcements), I can't see that meaning we'd bring back any previously removed boards and TBH that's a conversation we've had/having elsewhere.

@Chris That's a stupid idea Crazy3  I suggest you go back to the Staging site and have a good read Shocked And if you've made such a suggestion, why haven't you mentioned it over on Staging? Is it now Plusnet's intention to completely destroy this Community by doing everything behind closed doors and not telling us a thing, or discussing ideas with us. Well you are already well on the way Angry