Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why hasn't anything been posted in Plusnet News

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Why hasn't anything been posted in Plusnet News

https://community.plus.net/t5/Latest-Plusnet-News/bd-p/News

Plusnet have announced price changes on the main site but not a whisper on here until other posters spotted it

I would have expected that there would have been a post in that board at the same time as the price changes went live on the main site with a link to a thread for discussion - possibly in this board

The result of not doing this is that threads with various misleading titles have been used causing extra work for the moderators and annoyance for members

28 REPLIES 28
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Why hasn't anything been posted in Plusnet News

Maybe PN were trying to sneak it in , hoping no one would notice Lips_are_sealed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

What would they announce "New Improved Prices".

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@rongtw wrote:

Maybe PN were trying to sneak it in , hoping no one would notice Lips_are_sealed

Yep, because emailing the entire affected customer base is a good way to do that Wink

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

No it isn't given the very slow rate of sending emails and the fact that they wouldn't need to be received until the end of July

If a major announcement of forthcoming price rises isn't considered worthy of a post in Plusnet News can I assume that all that will be posted there (if anything) is frivolous things which won't affect the customers in any significant way

Chris
Legend

TBH, that board is empty. I don't know what the intended use is for it, nor how it differs from Announcements. Looking back last year I can't see we posted in either of those boards about price changes either.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

If those boards are not being used, could they be removed to make space for the reintroduction of the Linux et al boards?  AngelFunny

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend

I have made the suggestion that we remove/merge it with another board (maybe change Service Status to Service Status and Announcements), I can't see that meaning we'd bring back any previously removed boards and TBH that's a conversation we've had/having elsewhere.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

The link given by OJ now has no content. In the actual text of the main site announcement I can find no reference to long term broadband only customers, who up to now have avoided the £2.50/month surcharge. That could well figure large in my personal consideration. I see no mention of Line Rental Saver; omitted or abolished?

All in all this has the smell of a lot of today's business world: important matters are announced without  being well checked. 

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Announcements is actually Community Announcements not Plusnet Announcements

As far as I remember from when I was a moderator news of price changes were posted in the "Reply Only Board" usually by staff but occasionally by the moderators so that discussions could be in one place and that was a place where posters would normally look first

Note that this was one which was merged into Community Announcements https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Announcements/Autumn-Price-increase-FAQ-s/m-p/1118938#U11189...

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Luzern wrote:

I see no mention of Line Rental Saver; omitted or abolished?

It's in the FAQ.

Line Rental Saver price freeze – save £30 a year*

Great news – the cost of our Line Rental Saver isn't changing, so you can sign up to save £30 a year. With Line Rental Saver you pay £185.88 in advance for 12 months line rental, which works out at the equivalent of £15.49 a month, compared to our new price of £17.99 a month.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Thank you, Harry! Smiley and my other query about the £2.50/month surcharge for broadband only customers from which long term users have hitherto been exempt?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
maranello
Pro

Can it be inferred from the change to 52/10 from 40/20, that Plusnet are introducing a new intermediate package between Unlimited Fibre and Unlimited Fibre Extra, or is the change simply a cost saving exercise to downgrade customers that they couldn't hack off with the reduction from 40/20 to 40/2?

My other car isn't a Ferrari
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@maranello wrote:

... or is the change simply a cost saving exercise ...

IMO it's precisely that, cost saving.

It's also a detrimental change (if you value the 20Mb/s against 10Mb/s upload speed) to a 'legacy' product which means anyone affected can leave without penalty.

billnotben
Community Veteran

@maranello wrote:

is the change simply a cost saving exercise

I think it's a challenge to see how fast they can lose customer good will and satisfaction.