cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has my account gone up £1

bigwobble

Why has my account gone up £1

Just logged into my member centre to find that my value package has GONE UP BY £1 A MONTH….. from £5.99 to £6.99. This is despite the following email from plusnet on 10 march.

Dear
We hope you're enjoying your Plusnet Value service. From 12th April the monthly price for new customers taking this service will change to £6.49. The good news is, you won't be affected. We're freezing the price of your service at £5.99 a month for the next 12 months.^
You don't need to do anything to take advantage of this price and the length of your contract will not change.
Your Plusnet Value service includes 10GB of peak time usage each month, as well as unlimited usage between midnight and 8am every day. That's enough to surf all day and night and send and receive over 6,000 emails - and you'll still have enough left over to enjoy up to 5 hours of your favourite TV and movies.
If you think you might need more usage, from 12th April we'll be launching a new product called Plusnet Extra which, for only £5.50 extra a month, will have 60GB of usage and the option of faster speeds. To find out more visit http://www.plus.net after 12th April.
At the moment, if you use more than 10GB peak time usage each month, you automatically get 2GB extra for £2. From 12th April we're changing this to £5 for 5GB extra peak time usage. You can check on your usage at the Member Centre. Simply login and you can see your usage for the last 3 months.
To help you keep your costs down, from 12th April you can also set a price limit for how much extra usage you can add each month with our unique usage management tool.
To find out more have a read of our FAQ.
Kind regards,
Anthony Vollmer
CEO, Plusnet

Award-winning services year after year
View details of all our awards 
Changing email address? Update your contact details at http://my.plus.net
For full details of our prices and terms and conditions, visit http://www.plus.net/info2/legal
^Price freeze only applies if you remain on the same product. Customers moving home from, or to, a low cost area will be charged the prevailing rate.
This email has been sent as it contains important information about your service from Plusnet. Please do not reply to this email, as this is an unmonitored address.
Email ref: E_201003_RPR_1
Plusnet plc
Registered Office: Internet House, 2 Tenter Street, Sheffield, S1 4BY
Registered in England no: 3279013

© Plusnet plc. All Rights Reserved. E&OE

Anyone else had this?
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Why has my account gone up £1

The £1 per month increase on your account was completely unrelated to the email you've pasted in, I've replied to your ticket with the cause and also corrected this for you.
Basically when your account was activated, there was an issue meaning we had to perform an interim account change in order to move you to the product you selected, this incorrectly added a £1 per month domain to your account. I've removed this and your billing is back to normal. Sorry about the problems you've had and I hope my response to your ticket is satisfactory.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bigwobble

Yes, just noticed it has changed already, good job I noticed this then, just another billing mistake!
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Yeah.... just another billing mistake....... Undecided
From many other postings.....

Sorry

Cry Cry Cry
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The billing system was actually doing exactly what it should have done, the amount it would have taken was correct for an account with the additional £1 domain on, unfortunately the problem here was a manual process during the account change and I'll make sure that I flag this error internally so it can be avoided in future.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.