cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has Plusnet Customer Service gone down the pan???.... Here's why !

Einstein1961

Why has Plusnet Customer Service gone down the pan???.... Here's why !

Well, I think I have figured it out..
As we all know, Plusnet was bought out by BT in 2007, but left to run independently..
2018, and Plusnet is now run under BT Consumer Group...  Staff changes, Boss leaves, etc, etc.

Strangely, this is when Customer service has started to go down the pan, for Broadband, and now Mobile services.
I have just about had enough, so requested a PAC.... since then, I have received multiple emails and txt messages begging me to stay, offering me "Exclusive deals" which when I look at, are worse than what I am already getting..  You couldn't make it up, seriously, no wonder the CEO has legged it.
I have recently renewed my Broadband contract with Plusnet, and even that ended up with having to raise a complaint because of shocking mistakes by customer service. I await the price increase clause which will allow me to leave and go elsewhere.

Will the last person at Plusnet please turn off the lights...

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Why has Plusnet Customer Service gone down the pan???.... Here's why !

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Mobile to Feedback.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

What outstanding issues have you got? The community may be able to assist 

Einstein1961

It's simple.. Customer service has gone down the pan.
Pre 2018, Plusnet were brilliant, and I used to sing their praises.. (actually, part of my job)
You could ring up, and get through to someone in less than a minute, there wasn't really any issues, as everything ran like clockwork, but for any queries, they were dealt with superbly.

Now you have to wait an hour on the phone, lots of issues and mistakes, no resolution without raising a complaint. lied to, rudeness.. literally everything you don't want from customer service..

I've been a customer of Plusnet in one way or another since near enough day 1.... and I'm talking Force 9 here, I no longer recommend Plusnet, as they have lost the plot.
The same thing happened with Yorkshire Cable - Telewest - Blueyonder, it was great.. (partnership with F9)...... and then Virgin bought it, and that's when it went downhill.. So bad, I left and will never have anything to do with them ever...
Plusnet are going the same way, and they are bleeding customers left right and centre.

As for any help now, I'm switching the phone provider as we speak..  The broadband will not be renewed, but if I find any way to leave early, I'll take it.

philto
Grafter

i have  5 months to go then i am off been with this lot since 2010 speeds now not acceptable now no one gives a dam 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @philto

I'm sorry to read you feel this way about your services and I apologise for the frustration caused. Together with our network partners at Openreach we will try to provide you with the best speeds possible. If you feel this is not the case, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net  

Thanks. 

philto
Grafter

its a joke now a week since anyone contacted me sync speed 46mbs through speed over weekend now down to 24576 from 27400 also ping is up from 19 to 31 ,,last week upload has been a constant at 9400 having now to use the internal sim in my LTE router and route work related vpn through that also with ps4 connection as well become a joke bunch of cowboys feb cant come soon enough after 10 years with them .. oh yea sim speed 56mbs down 25 mbs up ,