cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Plusnet insist on telephone contact when they already know I'm deaf?

adagio
Grafter

Re: Why does Plusnet insist on telephone contact when they already know I'm deaf?

I may just do that. How Plusnet have changed in 2 years  Sad
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,118404.msg1024959.html#msg1024959
Finguz
Grafter

Re: Why does Plusnet insist on telephone contact when they already know I'm deaf?

Wow, this is truly shocking, and utterly ridiculous  Roll_eyes
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Unfortunatly, as with all organisations, Plusnet probably won't do anything unless they have to.
The disability discrimination act is no more, replaced with the much more comprehensive Equalities act and it is through that that you should hit Plusnet with. I would suggest you seek some help with this however if you do nothing then someone else may suffer as a result. If Plusnet are forced into action then the results may be positive across the telecoms industry and beyond.
Bit until they are stung nothing will happen, unless a Plusnet cs rep can respond.
Even with a result through the forums what has happened can't be undone.
sully666
Grafter

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

From that site:
What is discrimination?
The Equality Act protects you from various forms of discrimination relating to disability, and also discrimination and harassment:

• <snip>

• Failure to make reasonable adjustments is when you need a reasonable adjustment so you are not at a 'substantial disadvantage', but the adjustment has not been made.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
IanSn
Rising Star

Astounding thing about this thread is that PlusNet have at no point offered any kind of solution or workaround. Just pointed out the rules, and a "thank you for your understanding".
It has been left to others to make suggestions. Do PlusNet not want this customer?
NedLudd
Grafter

Amazing isn't it! From the company that "Does you proud"!  Shocked
Geoff,
York.
tonycollinet
Grafter

With a short break at BE (due to plusnet traffic management of the time) I have been with plusnet for around 10 years. They used to be excellent for customer care - not just second to none, but so much better than the next best I had no problem recommending friends and family to use them. Currently I get £5 per month off my bill as a result.
That situation is long gone. I no longer recommend them. This thread would never  have existed in the olden days [/oldgit]