cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do you discriminate against hearing impaired?

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Why do you discriminate against hearing impaired?

"I would say that @Gel ‘s response is more in line with what an average fair minded person with no axe to grind would think. After signing up to a new service there is a 14 day cooling off period, so there is plenty of time to do checks, like look through forum posts as the OP has done, both before and after signing up."

Oh dear, touched a nerve. The truth must hurt somewhat.

I need some more water for the stone.

IngeJones
Aspiring Pro

Going phone-only for customer service does seem strangely contrary for a digital communications provider Cheesy

billnotben
Community Veteran

A few other businesses I use have dropped emails and gone for phone only. If I were cynical I would say they were fed up being caught lying through their teeth when a customer simply shows - but in this email you promised - etc.

IngeJones
Aspiring Pro

That didn't occur to me!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@IngeJones wrote:

Going phone-only for customer service does seem strangely contrary for a digital communications provider Cheesy

For us though we’re happy to help online, here, Facebook or Twitter. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

@Gandalf I had to tell one of your CSAs last week that I am deaf, and have Asperger's, a mild form of Autism, I don't normally like playing the "Woe is me, I have a disability" card but in this case I had to.

Do you see? Cheesy
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@MrAllen2021  But why?

Seems to me you don't bother to do any basic checks on what the issue is, just use the "oh I have a disability" badge for any issue you might have. 

None of the issues you seem to have had, that you have posted about, have actually been a service problem, more just you getting frustrated because you did not get the result you wanted.

So OK forums can be a way of helping - but what kind of help do you really want? 

If just a punch bag, then OK - I am sure as you already have noted you will get some relief from responders - until they catch on/get bored/move on or whatever.

But if you genuinely want help, you need to do some give and take - this forum has some of the best support you could get, but  what is it you want?

So, yes you can use the easy answer and complain to the mods and get my post deleted - but will that help you?

IngeJones
Aspiring Pro

@Mustrum  Unnecessary post.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@IngeJones  why do you say that?

Are you referring to your own post?

Or something else?

This is a public community forum. People post on here for help, or offering help. I posted offering help. Why did you post?