Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do Pnet not give 10 days DD notice

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Why do Pnet not give 10 days DD notice

@Anon wrote:

Lose one argument so start a different one.

i'm sure you will

Anon
Pro

That's an A* I give for you trying to do so.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
chenks76
All Star

the only person that has lost any argument (if there has even been one) is you.
you were not forced to sign up to anything.
if you didn't like the terms of the contract then you should not have signed up.
you did read ALL the Ts&Cs... didn't you ?
Anon
Pro

The point of this thread is two fold

1. That Pnet do not do what the Direct Guarantee site call NORMAL. So why do they operate abnormally.

2. That operation  is to the customers detriment because it means that if the DD is incorrect 3 days does not give enough time for Pnet to change that DD, as I discovered and I have had to put my bank to the trouble of returning a DD because Pnet insists on operating in a way that is abnormal.

If you wish to debate those issues I will, if you simply want to assert that Pnet can do what they like I won't. But I don't see in their T/Cs where it says not just that one is signing for a 3day notice of DD but ALSO that the DD cannot be changed once it has been raised and notified. If it is there that the DD cannot be altered once notified I am sure you will point it out. Please do.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You are not getting the point. It wouldn't matter if Plusnet gave 20 days notice. Their current account system does not have the option of cancelling or amending a DD once the notice has been given.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anon
Pro

Yes, I understand that Jelv. I am making the point that the the idea of notice to the customer is to enable changes, 3 days would make that impossible and the system absolutely impossible and to the detriment of customers.

Though I am still awaiting the op to show me that Pnet declare that situation in their T/Cs or anywhere so that any punter can know that in advance of buying in to a product.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I believe when you setup a direct debit online you will see this notice:

The Direct Debit Guarantee
This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.

If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, Plusnet plc will notify you 3 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Plusnet plc to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.

If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by Plusnet plc or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.

If you received a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Plusnet plc asks you to. You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.

We should also be reading this to customers over the phone if we submit the instruction ourselves.

I hope this helps clarify things.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anon
Pro

1. You don't read it and perhaps you should add. "And if we make a mistake don't ring us because we cannot change the DD after we have sent the email telling you we have taken a wrong amount". Neither did it say anything about that when I set up the DD to pay what I had to pay because of Pnet's mistakes.

2. What does it clear up? The reason why 10 days is "usual" (Direct debit website) is so that any errors can be corrected. The way that Pnet operates is that when an error is made the customer has to either wait for Pnet to refund (in my case that was 20 odd pounds, and why should I wait for that money) the money OR has to contact their bank and go through the procedure to cancel the DD, then go through the procedure to pay Pnet at some time and all that because Pnet cannot get things right and cannot have system that allows what every other company I have dealt with who does DD'd has and that is to be able to change the DD if the company has made an error.

Just shows how little you think about your customers and how you really do not mind how much inconvenience you put them to especially when it is your fault.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by our current billing system.

We are in the process of testing a new system that should be implemented in the not too distant future.

Hopefully it will allow us to make changes to a direct debit within the notice period provided.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
chenks76
All Star

@Anon wrote:

Neither did it say anything about that when I set up the DD to pay what I had to pay because of Pnet's mistakes.

of course it did, but you've dug yourself into a hole now where you will never admit that you did, because you don't want to "lose".

Anon
Pro

@Anoush wrote:

We are in the process of testing a new system that should be implemented in the not too distant future.

Hopefully it will allow us to make changes to a direct debit within the notice period provided.

But if Jelv is right and he usually is, you have been doing that for many years.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@Anoush wrote:

Hopefully?

I was expecting something rather more positive than that!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

I have locked this thread as it seems to have run its course and the billing issues have been covered elsewhere.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still